Chapter 7: How Far

Danielle’s POV

When returning to school the next week I received glares from girls, and flirty smiles from guys who never bothered to even look my way before. I wondered why all this was happening all of a sudden and I remembered that Jaden and I had officially come out as a couple. It was no longer just rumors floating around in the halls. It was now official, and now everyone who was anyone knew.

As I walked down the hallway to my first class of the day, I saw the last person I expected to see coming my way with a whole posse of bitchy girls at her side. Stella.

“So, I see Jaden has finally brought you out the closet.”

“I never knew I was in the closet…”

“Well, just in case you’re too stupid to realize, you and Jaden won’t last. He’s just using you to fill the void in his heart while we’re on our break. So don’t get too attached.” She looked around at her friends her for approval of her joke. They all smiled and nodded they’re heads.

“Oh, really? Well from what I hear you guys never had a real relationship anyway. You were just having, oh how did he put it, ‘fun’? According to Jaden I give him things you can’t.”

She scowled at my response. “He’ll come to his senses sooner or later. And then I’ll be there to tell you I told you so.”

“If I were you I wouldn’t count on it. You were just a long-term booty call until someone who could really satisfy his needs came along.” All her friends oohed and Stella shot them a warning look. “I’ll see you later Stella. Have a nice day.” I pushed passed her and her followers and walked to my class, still receiving the occasional side eye from girls I assume were Jadenators not approving of our relationship. Eventually I learned to ignore the glares and realized being he girlfriend of Jaden Smith I’d have to endure this type of treatment for the rest of our relationship. I might as well get used to it.

~*~

Jaden’s POV

I was chilling at my house when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and saw it was Stella who texted me.

From Stella:

Hey sexy ;) how about you come to my room and we can have a little fun

From Jaden:

No. Stop texting me.

From Stella:

Come on. I know you’re not getting your needs met from that whore Danielle. Just come by, and she doesn’t even have to know.

From Jaden:

I think we all know who the whore is and it’s not Dani. So stop texting me before I have a restraining order put on you.

I didn’t get a reply so I guess she got the message. But I’m sure she’s not going to stop trying to get me back and she’ll do it at any cost. I have to keep my guard up.

~*~

Later that day I decided to pick up Dani from her last class of the day. I stood outside the building I knew she was in and when she came out, her expression changed from dark and gloomy to rainbows and unicorns. She ran and hugged me knocking my balance off, but I caught myself before we both fell to the ground. “Someone’s happy to see me.” I smiled taking in the strawberry scent of her hair.

“So happy.” I released her from the hug and she stood on her tip toes to peck me on the lips.

I turned the peck into a lingering kiss and she softly moaned into my lips. “Well, if it’s not obvious, I’m very happy to see you too.” She smiled as I lead her to the passenger seat of my car before getting in myself and driving off. “So how was your day?” I saw her expression change back to the doom and gloom face she had before she saw me.