Chapter 11: Friends and More

Danielle's POV:

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. Between the drinks I had, and the crying I did, I'm surprised it's not any worse. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My eyes are red and puffy, my hair is standing on top of my head, I'm still in the dress I wore last night, and I look like I've been doing drugs. I splashed my face with cold water, but I still didn't look any better. I took off my clothes and stepped in the shower, turning on the water to as hot as it can be. The water hitting my skin burned, but I dealt with it and after a while, it began to feel good. After my shower I wrapped my towel around my body and stared into the mirror. I still didn't look any better, and I didn't feel too much better. I continued to stare into the mirror allowed my mind to wonder, I don't know where it wondered off to, but it's definitely not here with me.

"Danielle?" I turned to see my little sister standing in the doorway. "You don't look too good. Are you ok?"

I looked from her, to the mirror, and back to her. "Yeah, just... Just give me a minute."

"Okay. Sky and some of your other friends are here."

"I'll be out in a minute." She walked out of the door I continued to stare into the mirror. I have to do something about myself. I opened the drawer where I keep all my make-up, and applied it to make my face look like I haven't been through the worst night of my life. When I was done, I didn't look quite as bad as did, but I still don't look one hundred percent; nor do I feel one hundred percent either. I walked to my room and put on faded black and white shorts with a black hoodie, and high-top sneakers. I don't even bother with socks or a shirt.

"Hey Danielle, we missed you at the party. Did you leave early?" Sky said as I walk downstairs. She's sitting around the table with my parents, my sister, and to my surprise, Chresanto.

"Yeah, I left pretty early. I uhh, wasn't feeling too good." I said sitting in between her and Chresanto. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Oh, okay. You missed Jaden performing he was actually pretty good despite the fact it was extremely noticeable his mind was somewhere else. He wasn't focused at all."

I raise my eyebrows as if I'm interested in what she's saying. "Oh really?"

"Yeah. Oh and guess who I saw at the party." She paused. "You don't have to guess, I'll tell you." She paused again for what I guess is dramatic effect, but I already know what she's going to say. "Stella."

"Oh wow. That's surprising. I wonder why she was there." I said, even though I know exactly why she was there. I've had that moment stuck in my head since it happened. The shock of seeing Jaden under Stella kissing him is still hitting me. And every second is worse than the last. I haven't told anyone about the situation that happened last night. With Sky being Jaden's best friend's girlfriend, I don't want tension to be between her and Mateo. The rest of the morning was just filled with meaningless small talk that I pretended to be interested in. I can tell Chresanto knows there's something going on with me, but he kept quiet. I guess I'll tell everyone soon but until then, it's bad enough thinking about it all the time, I'm not quite ready to talk about it.

~*~

It's been a couple of days since we left New York. I'm back in school now, and I feel a bit better about myself. Sky and Madison know something is wrong, but I have yet to tell them. It hurts not to have them around all the time, especially when I most need them. I feel a little bad about it because I know they're worried, but with them being with Jaden's best friends I wouldn't want to cause tension in their relationships. I've also been spending more time with Chresanto. I haven't told him either, but he's been the shoulder I can lean on without having a boatload of questions following.