Chapter 8: Lion and the Lamb

Danielle"s POV:

“Bye, Jaden!” I waved goodbye to my boyfriend as he dropped me off in front of my class. He waved back and sped out of the parking lot. As I walked to class I noticed I’m getting a lot less looks of hatred than I did 2 months ago. I guess people are learning to accept Jaden and I. Well, except one person; Stella. You’d think after 5 months she’d be over Jaden but I guess not. You’d also think that after several failed attempts at breaking us up, she’d give in but I guess that’s not happening either. But she seemed to have infiltrated our lives by becoming best friends with Willow so we we’ll tolerate her… For now.

As I entered the classroom I saw Sky sitting in our usual seats in the back of the class, and went to go sit beside her. “Look who finally decided to get out of bed.” She said as she handed me a coffee from Starbucks.

“Well, I wasn’t very excited to come to class.” I said taking a sip of the White Chocolate Mocha.

“I don’t see why… Our teacher is a babe.”

I looked up at our teacher who was just walking in the door. “Not really. And I thought you and Teo had a thing going on anyway.”

“Oh that? I don’t think Mateo wants a relationship. He just wants to have fun.”

“And you think Mr. Keller, who is like thirty might I add, wants to be in a relationship with a student?”

She looked at me with a very serious face. “Age ain’t nothing but a number.”

“And jail is nothing but a room.” I replied.

“Says you.” She continued to gawk at our teacher as he started class.

“Okay class. Here we go. Can anyone tell me the best way to build a successful business?” As he finished his sentence, the door opened and a boy walked in. But not just any boy, this boy was SEXY! He had short brown curly hair, and brown skin that shined, with dark brown eyes, and a great build. “And who are you?” The teacher asked.

“Chresanto August, I’m a new transfer.” His voice was like a choir of angels singing, except it was just him. Who is this guy, and why is he so damn attractive?

“Eh-hem! Ms. Summers!” I felt Sky nudge my arm and I came back to reality. “I said please raise your hand.” I raised my hand as my teacher instructed me to do. “There. You can sit by her, Mr. August.”

Sit by me? What?! No! I won’t be able to concentrate! Why next to me?! The new boy sat in the chair beside me and smiled. Oh my god. Your teeth are perfect.

“Why thank you.” He said now smiling even bigger.

“For what?” I asked.

“You said my teeth were perfect. Thanks.”

Did I really say that out loud?

“Yes, you did.” He said and began to laugh.

Damn it Danielle, stop saying stuff out loud. “I’m Danielle Summers.” I extended my hand, but instead of shaking it, he kissed it.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Chresanto.” I began to blush.

“Mr. August, you haven’t been in my class five minutes and are already disturbing it. You and Ms. Summers have a thirty minute detention.”

“Yes sir.” We said simultaneously and Mr. Keller resumed the lesson.

“I guess we can talk in detention.” Chresanto said and I blushed even harder than I was already.