Chapter 17: Scavenger Hunt

September 13th

I woke up this morning, doing my regular routine: Making sure Sky is awake, making my bed, and getting my clothes ready for the day. When I had all I needed, I opened the door to go to the showers, and I noticed there was a card taped to the door. It was the same note Jaden has sent me every other time, and today I was especially excited to see it.

"Dear Kristyn,

Today Is The Day When Everything Connects, When I Finally Win Back Your Heart. Instead Of Just Telling You How Much I Love You, I'll Show It. Get Ready For Amazing Day.

Sincerely,

Christopher Syre"

I smiled reading the card. After my shower and my daily hygienic routine, Sky and I headed to our first class of the day.

"So what do you think Jaden is going to do?" Sky asked.

"I don't know, everything up until now has been so unpredictable."

"I wish Mateo would do something like that. He's so clueless."

"Maybe Jaden will rub off on him." I laughed. "Irony is, he and Moises are the ones that told Jaden to ask me out. Remember those 'movie scenes'?"

"No way." Sky said in disbelief.

"Way. Maybe it's Mateo helping Jaden with all this... You never know."

We walked into class and sat in our seats beside each other, as Mr. Keller began his lecture. "Okay class, we're going back to the basics. Can someone tell me the--" He stopped as a man walked into class. The man was tall with a black suit, brown hair. I'm guessing he's the dean or someone of importance. He whispered in Mr. Keller's ear, and handed him a card that looked very familiar from where I was sitting, then he left out of the door. "Ms. Summers, you've been excused from class."

I looked at Sky, both of us confused. Grabbing my things, I got up and went to the door. "Here, make sure you copy the notes or something." He said handing me the card.

"Yes sir." I said, walking out the door. After I closed the door, I opened the card, knowing exactly who it was from.

"Dear Kristyn,

School Is For Losers, So Come To The Spot Where We First Met. Where The Hero I Truly Am, Saved The Damsel In Distress.

Sincerely,

Christopher Syre"

"Hero?" I said to myself, "More like zero." I walked down the hallway and outside, calling to a cab that was driving nearby.

"Where to ma'am?" the driver asked me as I got in the car.

"Downtown, please." He nodded, and began to drive. I took out my phone and began to look through Twitter. I have a couple new followers, and I saw Jaden had tweeted in the past hour or so.

@OfficialJaden: The Plan Is In Motion #TodayIsTheDay

"What plan?" I mumbled to myself.

"Did you say something ma'am?" The driver asked me.

"No... Well, actually, I have a question. It's kind of personal, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead." He alternated between looking through the mirror at me, and on the road.

"Are you married?"

"Why yes I am."

"Have you ever well... Cheated on your wife? Or the other way around?"