Chapter 13: Operation #Janielle

June 11th

Danielle’s POV

In the last few months, Chresanto and I have been growing closer. We see each other every day, and if we don’t see each other, we’ll talk on the phone all night. He’s become my official best guy friend. But with him and me getting so close, Sky and I have drifted. I feel bad because there’s no real reason for it, it just happened. So tonight, we are having a Girl’s Night, just the two of us. We were driving in Sky’s car, talking and laughing and just enjoying each other’s company.

“Have you talked to Mateo lately?” I asked her taking a sip of my coffee.

“Actually yeah, this morning for the first time since they left. They were back in New York for a couple shows this week. Apparently management is being really strict about who they can talk to and when.” I chuckled. A silence passed between us, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw her look at me and back to the road several times.

“Why do you keep looking at me like that?” I asked.

“Well, I’m not trying to make you uncomfortable or anything but, have you talked to Jaden?” She asked cautiously.

“Not since the party.” I said plainly looking down at the coffee in my hand and taking another sip.

“Are you going to talk to him?”

“There’s nothing to talk about.” I replied. “What happened happened, and we can’t act like it didn’t, or change it.”

“Does anyone else know, other than Chresanto and me?”

“Maybe. I don’t even think anyone knows we broke up. Like you said, management is strict.” I replied.

“Yeah, but you should try and get in touch with him. Maybe y'all could talk it out.”

“Sky, what’s done is done and I think Jaden has moved on. I have to as well.” I started chugging my coffee since I only had a bit left.

“I know, but it’s just hard to believe he’d just cheat like that after six great months. And you were so happy with him, and I haven’t seen you that happy since then; even with Chresanto around.”

I choked on my coffee and a bit came out of my nose. “Chresanto? What does he have to do with anything?” I asked after pulling myself together.

“We all see it, Dani. All the flirting you guys do, the hugging and cuddling.” I blushed with embarrassment. “And don’t think we didn’t notice you guys at the sleepover a couple weeks ago. We all know you slept in the same bed that night.” My cheeks blushed even redder.

“Well, nothing is going on between Chres and I. We’re just friends.”

“‘Just friends’ my ass. That’s like saying SpongeBob is a kid’s show.”

“But, SpongeBob IS a kid’s show.”

“No the hell it is not! Have you seen SpongeBob? He made a toy Squidward out of condoms once. Condoms, Danielle.” She said, putting emphasis on the word condoms.

“Those were condoms!?” I asked in surprise.

“They sure looked like ‘em.”

“Oh my gosh.” I said taking in the fact that my whole childhood is now ruined. “Remind me not to let my kids watch that show.” We both laughed.

~*~

Sky’s POV

June 25th

It’s been a few months since the boys left for Jaden’s tour, and I can tell Dani is a bit more heart broken than she cares to show. I tears my heart because I’m supposed to be her best friend, but I feel like Chresanto knows her better than me. Of course I’m happy that there is someone there for her but if anything goes wrong with her and Chresanto, she’d be devastated with twice the pain. As much as she’ll deny it, i know she and Chresanto are a bit more than friends.

That’s why I asked everyone to meet me at Urth Café today. And by everyone I mean everyone except Danielle and Chresanto. When I got to the café I saw Moises, Madison, and Willow already at a table. “Hey, guys what’s up?” I asked, sitting at the table.

“Nothing much. Just small talk.” Madison answered.

“Well did any of that small talk have to do with my amazing shoes?” I said showing off my new kicks.

“Yes because we always talk about your shoes. I mean, they’re a national phenomenon.” Willow said sarcastically.

Moises looked over the table at my shoes. “They’re not even that dope.”

I gasped. “You Sir, are a disgrace to fashion.”

“Me?! A disgrace to fashion?” He stood from his seat. “Do you see what I have on?!” I looked him up and down.  He had on a long shirt with an assortment of letters on it, black drop crotch pants, dress shoes, and his hair looked like he’d just gotten out of bed.

“Dude, you look like a hobo who went through Justin Bieber’s trash.”

Moises gasped a lot like I did a minute ago.  But before he could reply with a comeback, Madison interrupted. “Enough, you both look like weirdoes fighting in a café about who’s dressed better. Now can you tell us why you randomly called a ‘meeting’ here?” She said putting air quotes around ‘meeting’.

I cleared my throat. “Well, we need to talk about our dear friend, Danielle, and her well being.” They all looked at me confused. “As you probably don’t know, she and Jaden broke up.”

“We know they broke up, we just thought it was since Jaden was going away for so long.” Willow said.

“No, not really. He and Stella kissed that night of the party. They haven’t talked since.”

They all gasped. “Stella?” Willow asked. I nodded. “Oh my gosh.” She said pulling out her iPhone to—what I’m guessing is— text Stella.

“Point is: we can all tell she’s a bit heartbroken, right?” They all nodded agreeing with me. “And who has been spending more time with her on a day to day basis than any of us combined?” They all looked confused again. “Chresanto, guys. Chresanto.”

“Ohh!” Moises blurted out. “What does that have to do with us?”

“Well what do you think will happen to her if things don’t end well with him? And I don’t think the Jaden situation is just going to fly by. I mean, they’ve known each other so long, plus everything ended so abruptly. That can’t be the end.” Everyone silenced, thinking about what I just said.

“So what are we supposed to do?” Madison asked.

“Well I know everything is a bit complicated, but if everything does come crashing down, Danielle is going to need a support group. And with you, Willow, and you, Moises, being so close with Jaden I’m not asking you to choose sides because there are no sides. You either, Madison. We’re just trying to help our friends. And personally, I’m #TeamJanielle... Or whatever they call themselves.”

We all laughed. “We agree.” Madison said. “Jaden and Danielle deserve each other, they’re perfect together.”

“Yeah so, you and Madison will be on Dani’s side, while me Moises, and Willow on Jaden’s, but with our own personal agenda to get them back together.” Moises added.

“Right. And I’ll make sure there isn’t any interference with Stella on Jaden’s side, and you on Dani’s side.” Willow said.

“Perfect.” I replied. “And even though we are probably terrible friends for doing this, no one other than those at this table— with the exception of Mateo— who will know about this.”

“Right.” They all replied.

“Alright. Let Operation #Janielle commence.”

~*~

A/N:

WEEKEND UPDATE!!!!! So what do you think? Let me know, comment below. Also I aplogize for my inability to spell in past chapters, but when I'm writing it takes so many hours I usually don't proofread. So if you see any mistakes, PLEASE let me know.

This chapter is dedicated to German_MSFTS_Queen for her feedback on the last chapter. She's fucking BOSS mahn.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for being different. Thank you for being yourself.

 Smilies, Hearts, Roses, and All That Good Stuff.