Chapter 34: Both Of Us

Danielle’s POV

I sat there ringing out the last note of the song. A few minutes passed before I heard the door being opened and saw Jaden stepping through. He sat beside me looking straight into my eyes, not saying a word, but communicated everything I needed to hear. I knew what he was saying and I heard him loud and clear.

He looked back down at the keys on the piano, and ran his fingers over them-- much like I did when I first walked in. He began playing keys and playing chords, so beautiful and elegantly put together. I closed my eyes, taking in the scene. Imagining where I wanted to be, and I began to sing. (Video to the side)

When I heard the last note sound, I opened my eyes seeing Jaden looking at me. He opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him before he could.

“Don’t apologize… For anything. Actually, I would like to apologize to you. You were only trying to help, and that’s what I love about you. I love that you’re concerned, and I love that you care.” I moved my hand on top of his, intertwining our fingers. “And mostly, I love that you love me… Because I love you too.”

He smiled bringing my hands to his lips and kissing it. He placed his hand on my cheek, and brought my face closer to his; our foreheads touching, and our noses centimeters apart. Our lips brushed together for a moment, then crashed into each other. We both desperately needed to feel the other, to know that we were both still there for each other, and that we were both still in love.

We pulled away, looking into each other’s eyes. His brown eyes set on my make me feel like I’d never felt before. I felt free, and hopeful. I felt like doing things I’d never done before, and succeeding at them. Mastering them.

I moved my body so one of my legs were on each side of the chair, and he did the same, holding both of my hands. “You’re so amazing, and even with everything that happened with Tyler, and what happened tonight, it’s okay. It doesn’t even matter. Want to know why?” I asked, placing my hand on the back of his neck, and running my fingers through his short curls. He nodded, humoring my rhetorical question. I laughed softly. “Because I have you. And because you’re here, with me. That makes a world of difference for me. ”

He smiled and looked down for a couple of seconds, then looked back up. “You’re making me blush.”

I laughed. “So you understand why I don't want to press charges on him, right?"

"Yeah. I understand."

I smiled pecking him on his lips. “And don’t think I didn’t notice you singing in the bridge of that song… Why didn’t I know how good your voice was?”

He chuckled hitting notes on the piano. “I have many hidden talents, babe.”

“What other things are you hiding from me?”

“I don’t know… Let’s find out, shall we?” He turned and began playing the piano again.

“We shall.”

~*~

Jaden and I stayed in the studio recording songs until around 5 AM, then we went to his room to finally get some sleep.

I woke up around 12 and went downstairs, finding my friends eating pizza around the lunch table. "Hey guys."

"I told you guys she'd come downstairs once she smelled food." Sky said. Everyone laughed.

"Hahaha, yo funny." I said sarcastically, putting two slices on a plate and sitting down.

"Where's Jay?" Willow asked as I sat beside her.