Chapter 30: Honey, I'm Home

Jaden’s POV

“Hey babe.” I smiled through the camera. Danielle and I were skyping while she’s back home, and I’m on tour; currently in Kentucky.

“Hey, how are you?” She smiled back.

“I’m great. We’re going to have a sound check in a couple of minutes and I wanted to see you.”

“Awwh. That’s so sweet.” She yawned. “How is everyone?”

“They’re great. Willow has been opening for me in the past few shows. Sometimes I forget exactly how talented she is.”

“Yeah, she’s very,” She paused, yawning again, “very talented. You all are.”

“Thanks. Dani, you look tired… How much sleep did you get last night?”

“I went to sleep around 11 or so… I haven’t really been getting much sleep in the past week.”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“Nothing.” She smiled, though it was obviously forced.

“Dani, you know you can talk to me… I’m your boyfriend, and I love you.”

“Yeah, I know. I just- I just miss you, that’s all.”

I sighed, knowing that wasn’t the real reason. “Well, I’ll be home soon. I promise.”

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later, okay Jay?”

“Sure. Get some sleep. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I saw her reach for the mouse, then the video chat ended. I sighed sinking into the couch in my dressing room.

“Was that Dani?” Mateo asked from across the room. I’d forgotten he was here.

“Yeah. She was tired so she said she’d call me later.”

“You seem worried.” He sat beside me.

“She wasn’t her usual self… And I know the fact that she misses me isn’t the reason she hasn’t been sleeping. I mean, it’s only been a week since we last talked.”

“It’s okay. We have two more days on tour, and we’ll be home. Then we’ll all be with the ones we love.” He patted my shoulder, trying to give me some sort of comfort.

~*~

Danielle’s POV

I was on my way to Mr Keller’s class to ask for an extension on my project. After recent events I’m going to have to start all over.

“Hello Ms. Summers. How are you?” Mr. Keller greeted as I entered his room. “Come, sit.”

I shook his hand, and pulled up a chair in front of his desk. “I’m good. How are you?”

“Good, what can I do for you today?”

“Well, I came to ask for an extension on the project you gave Chresanto and I. Due to recent events, I’ll have to start over, and there is no way I’ll be able to finish by the deadline.”

“I see. I heard about your situation with Mr. Moore. I apologize, I shouldn’t have forced you to work with him. It was unfair for me to allow Chresanto to pick his partner, and not allow you to as well.”

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault. So do I have the extension?”

“Yes. Today is the 18th so you have until Halloween.”

“Thank you so much.” I said, standing from my chair and shaking his hand.

“I expect something great from you Ms. Summers. From our worst struggles comes our best work.”