Chapter 18: One Year Since

September 13th

Danielle's POV

We walked out of the dressing room, and into the lobby of the restaurant. All the boys were standing in front of the door leading to the dining hall.

"You ready for your big surprise?" Moises asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I had already had a suspicion of what this surprise is supposed to be, and now I'm finally going to know what all this was about.

Moises and Mateo each grabbed a handle, and opened the doors. I walked through, taking in the beauty of the room. There were red and white rose pedals all over the floor, and white drapes hanging from the ceiling, with candles lit everywhere. In the middle of the room was a single table set for two. From the corner of my eye, a figure walking out of the darkness caught my attention. I turned my head and saw the one person who causes my heart to skip a beat every time I see him.

"Hello, Danielle."

"Hey, Jaden."

He walked closer and took my hand in his. "You look beautiful."He said, kissing the top of my hand.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." Jaden was wearing a black blazer with a simple white dress shirt, and black tie, and black leather pants.

"Come sit." He led me to the table and pulled out the seat for me to sit, then sitting himself.

"Did you really organize all this yourself?" I asked.

"With the help of some friends." He smirked.

The door opened and Moises walked through holding glasses of water and menus in his hands.

"Right on time, man." Jaden said as Moises sat down the water. "Mind if I order for you?"

"Go right ahead."

"No need for the menus. We would like the crab cakes for an appetizer, lobster tail for the main course, and the chocolate soufflé for desert." He said turning his attention back to Moises.

"A please would do just fine." Moises retorted.

"Please?"

"Give me five minutes." He turned on his heels, and walked through the door.

Jaden and I looked at each other, and both laughed. "I can't believe he's our friend." Jaden said in between laughs.

"You've known him longer than I have."

"That's true."

"So how's the tour going so far?" I asked once I finally gained my composure.

"It's going really good actually. It's so fun performing, and the fans are amazing. Their energy is through the roof, and I just feed off of them and... The feeling is indescribable."

"I love the bond you have with them. It's beautiful."

He moved his hand across the table, on top of mine. "You're beautiful."

"Thank you." I mumbled trying to hide my so obvious blushing.

"How's school?" He asked intertwining our hands.

"It's going good. Kind of hard, but anything easy isn't really worth anything, right?"

He smiled shaking his head. "Not worth a dime."

"Are you still enrolled in school?"

"Unfortunately, yes. They send me my work and I do everything online."

"Oh, it must've been hard to get that approved by the dean."

"Not really since my parents kind of own the school."