Chapter 14: Enough

Danielle's POV

July 10th

"You're so beautiful." Jaden said taking my hand in his. I blushed.

"You always say that."

"Because it's true." He replied. We were sitting in a meadow filled with pretty flowers and green grass. I don't know how we got here, or when. All I know is that we're here. Together. "Dance with me?"

"Dance with you?" I turned my head to see Jaden gazing at me. His brown eyes set on me. "But there's no music."

"So what." Jaden stood up taking my hand and pulling my up as well. "We'll make our own music." He placed his right hand on my waist and I placed my left on his shoulder, as he held my right hand in the air with his left. "Ready?"

"I can't believe we're doing this." I chuckled.

He smiled. His mouth awkwardly curved around his shining teeth. Jaden rarely smiles, but when he does it brightens your darkest days. "Well believe it. Are you ready?" I nodded. "Alright. Dun-dun-da-da-dun-da-da-da-dun, Dun-dun-da-da-dun-da-da-da-dun." He sang to the beat of a ballroom song. I laughed as we moved our feet to the beat of his voice. "Dun-dun-da-da-dun-da-da-da-dun, Dun-dun-da-da-dun-da-da-da-dun."

"You're such a dork." I said letting go of his hand and wrapping both my arms around his neck.

"But I'm your dork." He said wrapping his arms around my back, pulling me closer to him. I placed my head on his chest, and he rested his head on mine. "I love you."

"I love you too." In the corner of my eye, I began to see the meadow around us fading. I turned around to see the flowers and grass behind me turn to black space. I looked back to Jaden, but he disappeared as well. I closed my eyes to center my energy, and envision the meadow and Jaden standing with me, but when I opened my eyes again it was all still gone, and I was back in my dorm room. I sat up rubbing my eyes, and looked the clock above my bed reading 3:36 am. I turned to Sky on the other side of the room. She's still asleep. I laid back down staring at the ceiling for the rest of the night, wishing I'd never woken from my dream.

~*~

Sky and I were riding in her car to the nearest In-N-Out Burger for lunch.

"When was the last time you talked to Chresanto?" Sky asked.

"A couple days. It'll be a at least a month before he comes back. Something with his band getting ready for an album release." My eyes began feeling heavy and started to close. I snapped my eyes back open.

"Are you sleepy?" Sky asked.

"Yeah, a little bit. Had a dream last night and I couldn't sleep afterwards." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"What was the dream about?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I silence passed, and I thought that was the end of the conversation. I was wrong.

"Was it about Jaden?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I repeated.

"Maybe your subconscious is telling you something. They'll be in Vegas in August, you should come with us."

"What don't you understand about I don't want to talk about it." I said with the aggravation evident in my voice. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about it." We rode the rest of the way to the restaurant in silence.

Soon enough, we got to the restaurant, and ordered our food. I sat at a table looking on Tumblr when I heard a voice so familiar and devious; I knew it had to be directed toward me. "Hey Danielle!" I looked up and saw Stella standing on the other side of the table. "What a surprise seeing you here." I didn't reply. Her voice was different than other times we've talked. It's patronizing. She's playing with my emotions. She knows I wasn't able to give her what she deserved when she deserved it. She's daring me to now. "I haven't seen you since that party in New York, oh how that was a wild party. How are you and Jaden?" I clenched my jaw in anger, and balled my fists on top of the table, still not replying. "Oh, that's right; you and Jaden broke up, didn't you? Such a shame. But we all knew you wouldn't last. I tried to tell you, save you the heartbreak. I guess you just weren't good enough."