Chapter 12: Seduction

Yesterday I had dinner with Roselita, Leo, their mom 'Esmeralda', Mario, and Rico at my old place. Someone had taken the liberty of stocking the place back up with new and better furniture. They had even repainted the walls. I had been tempted to burn the place down. Sure I couldn't handle the memories but for somebody to just flush them down the drain was wrong. Maybe my Uncle would  have said something had he showed up. 

 I hadn't talked to my Uncle in a week, but I'd see him today. It was due to the fact, he was the trainer of knife practice. He taught us how to use weapons all around us that were, ordinary everyday objects, and he also was a true professional when it came to sharp objects. He was a dangerous man, a.k.a Danger. He had been doing this for five years, after the previous instructor passed away in a house fire. My Uncle and her had been close friends, some people even said they were seeing each other, but when she died my Uncle wanted out of the Machetes. My mom on the other hand convinced him otherwise, and he took over his old friend's job. I don't know much about my Uncle's life before becoming a trainer, but I do know he had a child, that was said to be dead. All of his secrets may just be the reason he doesn't smile.

       As I lay in bed thinking about many Miller family tragedies, I hear a knock at my door. If i remember correctly my uncle had told me no one knew where I'd moved. My first instinct was to go for the gun under my bed, and i did. I tightened my light pink silk robe and put my gun on my waist. I walked to the door and opened it slightly wondering who'd be at my house at six in the morning."Oh my God," I said swinging the door wide open. I looked on in surprise as Rico half carried/dragged a man with blood running on the side of his head into my place. I checked the hallway before, locking the door and following them into the kitchen. "What's going on," I said pulling out a suitcase full of medical utensils and necessities. 

       "This is my partner Royce, he's also my cousin on my fathers side." Rico started. He took off the guys bloody shirt and put it under his head. "We were watching some product for Butcher at a trade off, and shit got crazy. A bullet grazed his head and i got shot in the leg." I looked down to see blood coming through his jeans. I pulled out a chair for him, as flashbacks of how my mother would fix my dad up, started playing in my mind. Now was not the time to be losing it, so i went to work. Even though my hands were shaking and i knew i was sweating i had to handle business. 

       After giving Royce something to numb the pain and sterilizing my hands, I went and fixed Rico a cup of Hennessy, then started cleaning up Royce's wound. "I'm glad it was just a deep cut," I said wiping blood off the graze on his forhead. Rico nodded and i could feel him watching me. "What about your leg," I asked going in my suitcase to find a needle so i could stitch the cut. "It went straight through, I just need to wrap it up." "It didn't hit anything," I asked starting to stitch Royce up? "Nah I don't think so," he said feeling his wound like it was nothing. For all he knows it could have fucked up a muscle or caused damaged tissue. Just this week Clint had finished off our training with important areas of the body to protect.

      "Take your pants off," I told him, not even looking his way. I had to check his leg too before cleaning it and wrapping it up. He chuckles and I paused to look over at him. "If your not stripping for me, I'm not stripping for you," he said looking over his cup at me. I rolled my eyes and continued working on Royce, who was dozing off, i know his mind had to be fuzzy. "How did you know where I stay," I asked finishing up and taking off my gloves. "Your Uncle told me, just in case of emergencies. My number should be saved under favorites in your phone too." I looked at him with that smirk on his face before walking into my kitchen.

        I could hear him following behind me, but I ignored him. The water in my sink turned red when i began to wash my hands. Pictures of my parents in those caskets shot in my head and I jumped backwards, into a pair of strong arms.I was about to pull away but he pulled me in closer. "What's wrong," he asked rubbing my arms up and down? "Nothing, so what happened to the product," I asked changing the subject. He turned me to him and looked at me before speaking. "We killed the other niggas, and took the money and the drugs. Jahiem took the stuff back to Butcher's, and was supposed to meet him and talk about what went down." I nodded and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, before turning to look back at Rico.