Chapter 16: Rules of Attachment

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING KISSING HIM?" My Uncle Will had just come bursting into my bedroom upstairs, where I would be staying for the time of the arrangement. "I was thinking about the lies and fronts you've made me put up already, and figured you'd want me to make it look good, " I smirked, holding up my ring finger to him. The rest of that night at dinner my Uncle was clenching his jaw and Rico was really stiff. The table was so quiet you could hear the baby snoring. My Uncle had been the one to arrange all of this bull so for all I cared he could stay mad. I was even tempted to tell him me and Rico had fucked on more then one occasion.

    "Jamie," he sighed heavily and took a seat on one of the foot rest in front of my bed. "Look you know I didn't want you to have to do this. In and out, but if you do things like that you'll get attached to Rico, and that'll be a problem okay. Rico knows to keep this strictly professional, so from now on i'm asking you to do the same." Rico, knows how to do what? That nigga been all over me since day one, sure he didn't know who I was at first, but even now i'd catch him looking at my ass. I didn't voice that opinion, instead I came back with a smart ass remark, "I understand Uncle, don't get emotionally attached to the man I'll be marrying tomorrow." I smiled and went to my dresser taking out a pair of pajamas. "Jamie, that smart ass mouth of yours is gonna get you slapped," My uncle said standing up. I turned to look at him and his eyes were sad.

    Now I felt bad, he just wanted to protect me. He never even meant for this to happen, but was trying to deal with the obstacles as they come. I walked over and hugged him, "I love you Uncle, but you've got to let me deal with this however, I try to. This is harder on me then you, I'm just trying to get this done without any problems. Thank you for being here for me." I kissed his cheek then let him go. "Why don't you head home and get some sleep. I'm about to get ready for bed. You can just bring my car back in the morning," I told him since I had been his ride this morning. "I'll see you in the morning and at least wear a white dress. Butcher will be making an appearance," he grimaced. I nodded and he walked out. I closed my bedroom door and went into the bathroom connected to my room. 

    While in the shower I lathered my body with the sweet scent of Wild Cherry, and coudln't help think about Rico's brown eyes and how they would change due to his mood. One second they could be dark and menacing, but the next they could be warm and welcoming. I hate to admit it but I was becoming really attracted to him. He was a family secret and my partner to help find my parents killer, but here I was wanting to have him in my bed. My Uncle was right, I needed to keep this professional and get the job done before I fucked around and really caught feelings that were more than lust. After my thirty minute shower I got out and brushed my steam hit hair up into a messy bun. I wrapped a huge soft cotton towel around myself and brushed my teeth before going in my room to lotion up.

      When I walked into the room, the object of my focus from in the shower was looking up at the flat screen on my wall. He looked at me with dark eyes, and I knew whatever he had to say was about what happened tonight. I wrapped my towel tighter around myself when I felt my la-la thump. Why did he look so sexy when he was mad? I didn't look at him, but could feel his eyes on me as I walked over to my bed, and picked up the light pink underwear set I'd planned to put on. I sighed, "Do you mind tuning so I can change." He chuckled, "Nothing I haven't seen before. Besides instead of acting all bashful and shit now, you should have kept your emotions in check at dinner."

    I know I didn't hear him right, I thought as I began rubbing my legs with baby lotion. "Excuse me, but you were the one who got on one knee," I hissed, slipping one leg and then another into my panties and sliding them up over my still towel covered body. "And you can honestly stand here and compare what I did to your actions, ma' that shit you pulled could have sent your Uncle over-board." He got up and stood on the other side of the bed looking at me with his arms folded. I took off my towel, and he clenched his jaws. "It obviously doesn't compare, but you started it nigga!" I slid my bra on and buttoned it in the front. "And as far as my Uncle goes, if that would send him over-board. I wonder what he'd do if he came up in here and found you, or knew about the times we'd fucked," I said sarcastically. He watched me yet again as I lotioned my upper body.