Chapter 20: Let Go of the Past

Rico was laying with his eyes closed and his head in my lap. After I had wrapped his arm and he calmed down he fell asleep. He had a cut on his arm and under his eye from the exchange him and Brian had earlier. It was going on midnight now and I was tired as well but didn't want to move him, he looked so peaceful. I can't believe he'd fought Brian just for disrespecting me. Rico was claiming my heart everyday, piece by piece, and it had me getting weak. Now when I looked at his strong masculine features not only did my la-la thump, but my heart sped up. I rubbed the cut on his face as I thought about how painful it was to watch him fight.

        Brian immediately charged Rico to the ground knowing Rico had him beat in size and mass. Without the upper hand Brian would surely go into a losing battle. When Rico and him flew back to the ground all of the air left my lungs. My first instinct was to try and break them up, but I'd barely be able to do that. Brian got two good punches in on Rico, before Rico punched him in his stomach and they struggled on their sides after Rico pushed him off of him. Rico raised his leg and kicked Brian in his stomach, giving them both a chance to roll over and get off the ground. "Rico stop!" He ignored me and Brian and him circled one another, Brian in a fighting stance. When Brian threw the next punch Rico grabbed his arm and with same arm brought his elbow up and pulled Brian's face into it, making a crunch sound. Right after breaking his nose, he punched Brian with a left hook to the side of his face. 

          All of the Machetes ran outside and so did Glenn. Gale stayed inside to make sure no one rushed out to the fight, surely it would turn into a larger group fight. A few guys also had it out for Brian, so would have no problem helping Rico. Lately Brian's attitude was 'I didn't give a fuck', and he'd always say something to piss someone off. Now he was getting his just desserts. "Next time you disrespect her, I'm not gonna just break your nose," Rico said menacingly. It made me shudder in fear, Leo and Royce stood back with smirks on there faces, and Glenn and Leo's partner helped Brian up. I was kind of happy Rico had taken it easy on Brian, he could have done so much more after bringing Brian to his knees with that punch.

          Rico stepped pass Brian to Leo and Royce,and handed Leo his keys, "I'm gonna ride home with Jamie, just take care of my shit." Royce chuckled and I looked over to Brian who was standing up with his back to me and his hand resting on the edge of his pants. His eyes were burning a hole in Rico when I noticed him pulling something from his waist. He bumped past Leo's partner and Glenn and charged at Rico while his back was turned, pulling out a hunting knife he always carried. "RICO," I screamed running towards the scene. Rico heard my scream and turned in time, but not to do what I thought. He blocked his cousin, Royce, causing the knife to only cut his arm thankfully, instead of going into his flesh. With the other hand Brian punched Rico in the left side of his face and brought the knife up and across to his face, but was pulled back by Leo in time to keep it from doing real damage. He still got Rico with a small scratch under his left eye, but could have easily stabbed Royce, if Rico hadn't blocked his cousin, he was an even better man in my eyes for that.

        Brian was seething with even more rage than Rico, and he fought Leo and his partner's grasp almost getting free. I ran up to Rico and  grabbed on to his strong arm, it looked like the vein in his neck was about to pop. "It's okay Glenn i got him, hurry and get Brian calmed down," I said taking the gun out of Rico's jeans. His body was shaking, but not from the cold, but from the adrenaline. Guy's like Rico got a thrill out of this and now that blood was spilled, he wanted nothing more than to spill blood as well. Royce stood on the other side of Rico looking like he wanted a piece of Brian's ass too. I needed to get them out of here. I stepped in front of Rico and pulled his stare to me. "Ricardo take me home please, lets just go home," I said softly wrapping my arms around his neck. He stared at me as his breathing slowed.