Chapter 25: Asking All Them Questions

Moving Jamie's hair from her face, I looked down at her sleeping peacefully. After everything that happened yesterday she was knocked out as soon as her head hit the pillow. I chuckled to myself, when I thought about how every time I'd start rubbing her thigh she kicked me, so I still wasn't out of the dog house. I moved my hand when she started to wiggle in her sleep, and laid my head back on my arm. Her head rested on top of one of my arms and my other arm was wrapped around her waist. Her arm moved and she gripped my hand resting on her stomach. It was a hard squeeze at first, then her grip loosened and she ran her hand up my arm. "Good morning," I say kissing the back of her neck. I felt her body shiver and smiled to myself. No matter how mad she was she couldn't stop the effects I had over her. 

     She turned her head to look at the clock on the dresser, "Why are you always up so early," she sighs. I chuckled  and rubbed my hand down her abdomen, and over her tattoo. "When you've done some of the things I've done, you find it hard to sleep." She turned over until we were face to face. My hand rested on her hip and it tightened when she caressed my jaw line affectionately. "Why didn't you tell me about your mom," she said softly. "I didn't want you to run," I laughed thinking about how crazy my past was. "I'm not running from you," she said kissing my nose. I groaned, "You so soft man...," I joked, running my hand down her leg and pulling it over my waist.  "And you full of shit talking about you don't be running. The way your ass put me out and ignored me after that lil' incident at the graduation..." 

     "I ran for a good reason!" She exclaimed.

     "Good reason my ass lil mama, you had a nigga scared to come home!"

      She giggled and ran her hand down my neck, "Good, hopefully you learned your lesson!"

     "Wasn't no lesson to be taught. I never wanted to disrespect you, on the real. That shit took place when I just needed to release steam. Shit, I ain't even bother to get her name or nothing. You weren't just an open opportunity at the time, you weren't my girl then. You were just Jamie Miller, Grim's daughter! I wasn't supposed to start having sex and fal...," I sighed and stopped talking. 

        "Her name is Monica, and if I ever catch you around that bitch again, I'm going to skin her alive and make you watch! Which I will do to all of your groupies," she said holding my chin firmly.

        I smirked at the seriousness in her eyes. "You better go'head on, sounding like your crazy in love with your husband, " I pinched her breast, making her slap my arm.

         "Ouch nigga! Damn why you do that," she whined rubbing her breast. 

         I kissed her pouty lips before tracing them with my tongue, "You love your husband, Jamie?" I asked caressing her body and pecking her soft lips. A moan escaped her mouth and I smiled. Even if I didn't know whether or not she loved me, I knew I made her feel some kind of way. I could see it in her eyes when she gazed at me, could feel it when we touched, and for sure knew I was doing my thing in the bedroom. "Do you love me, Jay?" I asked again kissing her neck. "Mmm, Ricardo... don't ask me stupid questions," she said hesitantly. She pushed against my chest making me tighten my grip on her ass. "You running again?" "No, I've gotta go to the bathroom," she said pushing more aggressively now. As soon as I released her she was running into the bathroom, a hand covering her mouth.

       Pulling the silk sheets back on the hotels canopy bed, I followed behind her adjusting the tent in my sweats. "Jamie," I said walking over slowly to her. She was sitting on the bathroom floor, hurdled over, one hand extended for me to stay where I was and the other pulling her hair all to one side. I grabbed one of the wash clothes on the wall and ran some warm water. "I'm okay really it's just the flu," she said after dry heaving. I handed her the towel before picking her up bridal style and carrying her into the bedroom. "I'm fine, I can walk... Rico I'm good, put me down," she argued. "Shut up, if you've got the flu your not alright," I barked making her roll her eyes. "We've got more important things to worry about," she groaned as I laid her on the bed. "We ain't doing shit if your not feeling up to it," I said seriously. My eyes ran over her as she massaged her temples.