Chapter 33: Finale- Part 2

I walked back into the apartment after doing the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Jamie wasn't the only one who wanted to stay together. Had Jamie not been pregnant, I would have loved to have her with me, so I could keep an eye on her the entire time. This baby was unexpected though, none of us saw it coming. Sure, I'd never thought about putting on protection but I guess it slipped my mind. Jamie's shit was so good though, it could do that to a nigga.

           Mario was looking out the apartment window when I walked in, and everyone else was preparing to leave. William and our informant would be in a non-suspicious rental, from Will's shop, and we'd be in the first van. All together we had three vans, with five to six people in each. Clint, had left right after Jamie, to Kingston Valley. He'd left with Kilo and Red to set up a perimeter and get a gunman set up on high ground. All we needed to do now was head out and find the place. All we knew was that it was in Kingston Valley, a place for high-end millionaires, where the houses were separated a good distance from one another. I know because I've done some work down there before. It'll give us a better chance of going unnoticed.

            "You good," Royce asked, stopping my stride by placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded slowly, "It's better this way." Even though I said that I had a sickening feeling coming over me. Something was nagging me like never before, but I'd never been in love nor starting a family before either. It was probably just my worry, so the sooner we did this the better. "Alright everybody lets load up! Whatever you can't carry leave it behind, we don't need any casualties. Time is money and people, lets go," William commanded. Grabbing my Twin Eagles and handing Royce his rifle, we loaded up into the rentals. It was a twenty to thirty minute drive to Kingston Valley depending on the traffic and we had to go get the other guys. 

                William was meeting us at Kingston Valley, and we were stopping at the warehouse to join the other gunmen and wait for the call from William and Clint. "When do you think Ross is going to call," Mario asked getting in the passenger seat? I got in the back of the van with Royce and Leo was driving. "I don't know, when he drops the girls off I guess," Leo answered annoyed. He could pretend as much as he wants, but we know he's just as worried about the girls as we are. Mario looked down at his watch and sighed. Grabbing the platinum crucifix Cat had given to me years ago, I prayed for them to watch over and protect Jamie and I. I was never one to pretend bad things couldn't happen, but this time I had a bigger reason to make it than ever before. I could already imagine me and Jamie's kid running around and laughing with glee.

              I'd do anything to protect my family, even if that meant giving my life so they could live. All I know is Jamie better be on her way to watching one of those romantic comedies she likes and plopping her feet up.  

               Fifteen minutes later, we'd just pulled up to the warehouse to meet the other guys, when William called. He gave us the cue to move in, because sure enough it was Brian's hideout. All of the guys gathered in a group huddle and said a prayer before we split up into our vans. When we pulled up we separated our cars on different streets. Each street held three houses and a wide distance between each. Brian's was on the last street of the Valley and sat up on a hill. That was going to make it harder to get out of. Especially if we tried to get in with all of our cars. Any outside enforcement's would have to be shot down before we got in. 

          "Ross still hasn't called," Mario seethed through clenched jaws. I'd been so busy plotting with the landscape, I had totally forgotten. I pulled out my phone and saw no missed calls. They should have been to Roselita's by now. "They're girls you know how shit slips there mind," Josh, Leo's partner, said trying to keep us all calm. I dialed Clint, there was something I had to do. "Yo," Clint whispered into the phone. "Yeah, this Rico, team one is going to fall back. You sure Brian's in there ,right?" "That's what Red said, he saw him come out the house when an SUV pulled up," he explained with curiosity heavy in his voice. "What was he doing? Was he packing up or something," I asked confused. The last thing we needed was for him to move while we went to check on the girls.