Chapter 27: Kills of War

Was my body functioning? Did what just happened really happen? Not only did I just body two niggas I kicked it with before, but my husband, my love... Rico groaned again as I cried over him caressing his cheeks. "Shit that hurt," Rico seethed taking fast and rough breaths. "Jamie step back, give him some air," Leonardo said pulling at my arm. "Nah... she good," Rico said looking up at me. "Fuck," Royce barked! He fell against the wall his fist on his head. Rico looked at him and shook his head. "Help me take my shirt off," Rico said exasperated. I was confused at first but when I didn't see any blood on his shirt, I rushed to do as he asked and almost broke his neck pulling it off. I breathed out a sigh of relief air finally circulating through my lungs again. The bullet proof vest he had on since earlier saved his life, and mine too. How could I have lived without him?

      I wrapped my arms around his neck, and basically jumped on him. "Lucky,el hombre tiene un ángel de la guarda con usted," Leonardo said laughing with Royce. "Ahh! Damn Jamie, the shit still sting!" I took my body off of his but kept kissing his lips. "Sorry," I smiled pressing my forehead to his. He placed a hand in my hair and pulled me in for a long kiss. "Maldita sea, sé que ustedes dos están felices, pero no jodas en el suelo," Royce chuckled breathlessly. He can say whatever but I know he was just as scared as I was. Rico smiled against my lips from whatever Royce said, before trying to get up, I helped him to stand and layed him on the sofa. "If we wanna fuck on the floor we will," Rico said out of nowhere. I looked at him then Royce, before giving Royce the middle finger, making all three of these Spanish speaking mother fuckers laugh. 

        "What happened?' Rico asked getting serious. We all looked at the two bodies on the floor. My heart started pounding in my chest when I realized what I had done. I knew they were dead no need to ask. I got up running to the bathroom, and immediately started heaving up nothing. I hadn't eaten since yesterday and my stomach was bare. It didn't stop the horrible taste or feel though. Damn, I was a killer now for real. Killing deer and birds was nothing to me, but two men who I knew. "Jamie," I hear Rico's voice call from the living room area. "I'm fine," I lie. I used the toilet to push myself up, then turned on the hot water to wash my hands. I must have stayed in the bathroom five minutes doing that before walking back into the living room. Rico had the vest off and you could see the bruises starting to form already. When I walked in they stopped talking in Spanish and looked at me. "You aight sis," Leo asked. I nodded and looked at Rico feeling like this was all my fault.

      I'd told him to go get the door, and we were playing around which we shouldn't have been doing on a mission. "Come here," Rico said sitting up. His face contorted into pain for a moment as I walked between his two legs. I knelled down in front of him, bringing his face to mine and kissing it again. "I'm sorry," I cried, biting into my quivering bottom lip. "Millers don't cry," he said making me roll my eyes. "Well, people in love do," I say softly. He wipes my tear, "Stop crying. I'm good," he says before turning his attention back to Royce. His hands still caressed my face and neck. Man, as much as I wanted to feel bad I couldn't because, he was alive and here, and whenever he even touched me I go from a hundred to ten.

     "Why the fuck do they think I killed Butcher. I mean I've been here since yesterday. How could I have been involved in his murder!" My eyes opened wide as I looked at the guys. "Butcher is dead," I almost yelled? "Yeah," Leonardo started, "The day you guys left he had someone break into his house. They shot down all the guards, and Brian's partner, Kendra. She and Brian were in the living room waiting for an assignment when they heard the intruder upstairs. Brian said when they got there his father had already gotten his throat slit, and when Kendra opened the door she got shot. Brian says the guy who got away was about Rico's stature." If it wasn't one thing it's another, I thought to myself.

      "That doesn't even make sense, most of his guards I knew and they all had families. I wouldn't kill them dudes! And where the fuck is the tapes at huh? Butcher got all expenses paid, camera surveillance on his property. Brian little bitch ass just trying to get me out the way because he want Jamie, and because his ass know I'm going to put a bullet through his dome!" Royce smiled and nodded his head, but Leo didn't he sat in deep thought. "Then who could have killed Butcher. That's the question we need answers too before it's safe for you to come back home. I mean to keep it real you were one of the few Machetes that could pull this off, and many people have seen you and him get into it often!" Leonardo had a point.