Chapter 22: Blood

What the fuck was I thinking? I know all that was on my mind was getting Jamie out of there after seeing Will choking her up. When I went back into the house William tackled my ass sending us both into the foyer wall. I brought my elbow down into his neck and that dropped him quick. I didn't even look back as I grabbed Jamie's shit and walked outside, to her coming up the stairs. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY AT THE CAR," I barked at Jamie. I grabbed her arm and unlocked her doors throwing her in on the passenger side. "Rico!Jamie!" Ms.Yolanda had no idea that she'd just blew our cover, when really we were only in this marriage for one reason. Throwing Jamie's jacket and scarf over the seat I got in on the drivers side, started the car, and pulled off.

     Again, what the fuck was I thinking? I'm not supposed to be fucking with Jamie on this level. Shit, we was married to find a killer and put him 6ft deep! Not to be laid up together all the time, and most of the times I was the one to initiate the sex! The fuck was I thinking?! "Where are we going," Jamie asked her voice cracking. "Miller's don't cry, Jay. I'm gonna drop you off at the salon for your hair." "What about you, you don't have on anything and it's freezing out here," she interrupted me and put her hand on my arm. I hate the fact that my body warmed from just her touch, whenever she's even near me this shit happens. My body was pulled to her's almost like gravity, I'm way to far in my feelings. Somewhere along the line my heart intervened with the job, and the shit had me fucked up. Look at our situation now!

       I sighed all I'd thought about was protecting her, that's all I'd been thinking about lately. I'd completely forgotten I was in a pair of boxers and shorts only. "I'm going to go get some clothes," I stated bluntly. "Rico..." I interrupted her worry filled voice, "Look you just worry about your graduation tonight. I'll pick you up from Roselita's later. Have her take you to the cleaners for your dress and shit aight. It's gon be all good mami I promise." Or I hoped, anyway.  Ten minutes later I pulled up to the shop, making her right on time. I hadn't even noticed our hands together until she squeezed my fingers gently. Once she let go, I grabbed her things from the back and gave it to her. After she got out I'd have to figure out a way to handle William. One thing for sure was he wouldn't put his hands on her again not if I had anything to say about it. 

     My body lost every ounce of tension when her lips softly pecked the side of my mouth. I hated the way she and only she could make me feel some type of weakness, this shit wasn't right. It wasn't supposed to be like this! I turned to look into her auburn eyes, full of questions, I grabbed her chin and brought her face closer, wanting to clear her clouded thoughts. We kissed tenderly before finally pulling back, "Be careful," she said looking into my eyes. Damn, she was beautiful. I nodded and leaned over her sweet scented body opening the door for her. She grabbed all of her things and closed the door behind her. I made sure she was at the shops door before pulling off. Now to deal with her crazy ass Uncle, I would try and let him calm down but we didn't have time.

         Fifteen minutes later I pull back up to Jamie's crib and notice William is still here, and the door is still wide open. I turn off the car and head around to the back off the house. There is a glass door that connects to the living room patio , but before even approaching I could hear yelling and swearing. Ms.Yolanda was screaming her ass office talking about Jamie's neck. I slammed open the porch door and walked in, mugging the fuck out of Will. He looked at me with a lot of anger, but the thought of his hand around Jamie's neck made me not give a fuck. I closed the door and stood there, arms folded. I knew it was coming and mentor or not, he ain't have shit to do with who I fuck with. 

      "I'm so disappointed in you two. Y'all knew this was a major business move, and took advantage of it for what. Lust?!? Jamie I would have expected this from, she's been angry with me since the arrangement and can get over emotional over the littlest things, but you... I thought you'd be a lot more mature about the arrangement." I looked at him for a moment before putting my hands behind my head and putting one leg up on the wall. "Last time I checked were both grown," I said simply. "Is that what you'd tell Grim?" "Don't pull the Grim card on me, man. If Grim were here, he'd never have let this shit happen. If he was here I wouldn't have a need to be here, aight! IF GRIM WAS HERE NIGGA HE WOULD HAVE PUT A BULLET IN YO DOME FOR PUTTING HANDS ON HIS DAUGHTER! YOUR NIECE! MY LADY! If me and Jamie want to act like a married couple we can, considering the fix you got us in. But, don't worry I'm not gonna hurt her like you just did. Shorty good with me, and that's for however long we ride this thing out! Ain't no lust shit over here bruh!"