Chapter 23: The Right Words

Damn, it seemed like everything slowed down as Brian took the same oath I did and Butcher cut his finger. My Brain didn't start functioning correctly again until the next name was called. I looked at this nigga out the corner of my eye, then looked back at Butcher. How hadn't I noticed it? Well, the skin tone obviously, but those eyes were the exact same. All of those odd feelings finally made since, the threats, his cockiness all of it! As I watched him out the corner of my eye, he turned to look at me full on. This nigga had to have the heart of a bull, he was way to cocky. Now I thought to say maybe he's brave but, his attitude didn't deserve the compliment, he was just... i don't know anymore. 

         As they went on with the graduates, I kept my eyes anywhere but on Brian. How badly I wish I could see Rico but the entire first two rows of tables were blind spots due to the lights on the end of the stage. I sighed heavily and looked up at Butcher who was finally asking us to stand. Once we stood the crowd roared in applause and we were able to exit the stage, from end to beginning. My fingers tingled as I waited for the line to move, so I could get away from these guys. Knowing that Butcher and Brian were now on the same team, my stomach was doing flips and I wanted to throw up. Oh God, I really did have to throw up! As soon as I was off that stage I was storming into the ladies room.

        My knees hit the marble floor in one of the stales, and a hot bunch of waste exited my body. I heaved for two more minutes after throwing up everything in my stomach. This felt horrible! I picked myself up and went to the sink, careful to not wet my hair or get anything on my white dress. I took a mint out my purse and layed it on my tongue before re-applying my lipstick and exiting the ladies room. When I come out and walk back into the ball room, I see one of the few chicks here in Mario's grill. Mario does have the prettiest grey eyes and slickest thin, yet muscular frame in Texas. Like I said he made hoes week in the knee's but he belonged to my girl. I rolled my eyes and walked in between the two wrapping arm around his torso then turning to her and mugging. She looked me up and down and the petite blonde bitch was no competition. I smiled and put my hand with my ring on his chest, she sucked her teeth and walked off. 

      As soon as she was out of hearing distance I burst into laughter and moved away from Mario who was just shaking his head, "You and Rose are more like twins," Mario said chuckling. "Mhmm, you better let these hoes know, before I check em'. Where is Rico?" Right after I say it I begin looking for him but come up empty. "I don't know, when they started releasing you guys he finally came out of this shocked ass state and stormed off with Royce behind him," Mario shrugged taking a seat at our table. "They're about to serve dinner. He'll be back I'm sure," he said pulling out his phone. I ignored him and walked away still feeling a bit nauseous. After walking through the table's looking for Rico's face I walked out of the ball room and across the hall to the open bar, where there were more people leaving then entering, probably going to sit for dinner. I had given up looking for Rico, but I did want a ginger-ale to settle my stomach.

       I sighed in relief when I saw Rico and Royce sitting in the far corner of the bar. Royce was speaking really vastly, and so was Rico but his comments were very short. The way Royce's mouth was moving I knew whatever he was saying, was in Spanish. I didn't want to know what it was about or interrupt them so I just went to the middle of the bar, knowing I'd been spotted as soon as I my reflection showed in the mirror. I looked at the mirror to see Rico and Royce staring at me. I smile and put my head down looking at my ring, until the bartender comes over. "Wow! That ring is gorgeous, your husband must be here tonight," the girl said. I looked up to a pretty, what I assumed, was a Hispanic girl with a complexion a little lighter than mine. "What makes you think that," I giggle. "I've got nothing less then hundreds tonight," she smiled and nodded towards the tip jar. "These lame guys be throwing their money away."