Chapter 19: Caught Slippin'

Finally, I was in my last week of training and I had outdone everybody here in the gun lessons. Now we were even working with bombs, and rocket launchers. Where the fuck Butcher was able to cop all this shit from, I have no idea. He even had some top of the line shot gun type shit, and it was heavy as hell. It was one of the few guns I had trouble with, but almost everyone else did too. I took a seat in one of the unfolded chairs and used the towel over my shoulders to wipe my face. I hate how my nose sweats more than any other part of my body. My mother used to have the same problem, that thought made me smile.

       I looked up at the target range and watched as Brian held the gun that I'd always have trouble with. He held the gun like it was familiar to him and it showed how much of an expert he was. After me he was best in class, but every time I looked at him, I knew there was something odd about him. It could be a good odd, or a really bad one, it was hard to tell what story stood behind those dark green eyes.

     I rubbed my hands together as best I could with my gloves on. They were a pair of leather weight lifting gloves, that I'd been wearing for the last few weeks while I had my ring. Honestly, I was afraid to wear it in front of these guys,but only because they didn't miss a beat. They were trained that way, to notice the smallest changes. It was getting colder everyday though so i didn't look crazy, it was almost winter time. I just hope that it snows this year. I love a snowy day in Texas, it brings back memories of me with my parents. "Okay you guys go to lunch. When you come back we'll have practice with the bullet proof vest," Glenn said from his desk right next to Gale's. Gale and Glenn were boy and girl twins. They were new to training, but have been partners for years. They both knew my Uncle very well, and I was told are the best of the best when it comes to bombs. As for guns, they were pretty good.

        Gale was standing next to Brian making sure his stance and posture were perfect. While my mind started drifting off to how things had been at home. I haven't spoken to Rico in a few days. When he goes out of town i'm not allowed to call him. To my surprise every time he leaves I get worried, and for the first two weeks of our staying in the same house, we hardly slept alone. We didn't have sex or anything, we just held each other. Never before have I slept so peacefully, not since the death of my parents. Sometimes I forget how young I am since I'm around adults most of the time. I run my hands over my red and black DOPE beanie, and my straight hair all falls from the sides of my face to behind my shoulders. I couldn't get this man, Ricardo Miller, off my mind. "Yo lil one, come have lunch with us," Pau-lee shouts to me from the door where he's standing with three other guys.

    I smile and shake my head no. I've had to much on my mind lately, with every week I'm wasting in training, the killer gets to keep breathing. "Want us to bring you something back?" "No thanks guys," I smile saluting them before they take their leave. Getting up from the chair I'm in I walk over to the back door, which leads to a huge open lake and forest area, and just a little farther out we'd practiced in an open area with real bombs. Once outside I lean against the wall and let all the past weeks pain and anguish takeover me, I let out a pained cry as I slide to the grown. How could a person just go on with knowing there parents were dead and never coming back? The only people that gave a shit about how I turned out in this world and were actually sincere with me. I'd been praying to God hoping he knew that they were good on the inside even after all they've done.

     Pulling my knees up to my chest I put my head on my knee's and squeezed my eyes tightly together as the memories and good times we had flooded my mind. Why couldn't memories die with family members? Why did the living have to go on being miserable while the people that meant the most to them go on to a better place? If my parents could see me right now... Would they understand? 

      The entire lunch break I sat outside in this slow creeping depression, that was seeping in making me even more upset everyday. I'd never thought my feelings would be getting the best of me. I sighed already being two minutes late to go back inside, I put on a facade and pulled up my high waist leggings. My leggings were red on the front and black on the back side, i also had on a regular pair of black red bottom sneakers, and a half cut turtle neck that stopped at my belly button where my Prada leggings began. Walking into the heated building i rubbed my cold arms, and walked into thick laughter. I looked up to see the guys gathered around Royce, Leo, his partner, and... Rico. A heavy breath leaves my lungs and I finally feel like I've come up for air. I think... it might be possible that I've fallen in love with this man.