Chapter 17

Mason's POV

Ever since I broke up with Hazel something clicked inside of me. I felt like I was good with hiding emotions or just not feeling them. Sure I was angry at her for trying Nick. I was pissed that she would throw it all away for someone who would never consider her. Nick had too much loyalty for me and I for him. So did all of us.

I cut her off completely.

''So your girlfriend. How is she.'' Mom says sorting out some files.

''We broke up. She was starting to like Nick.''

''Ouch, oh honey. Girls are skanks.'' She says and I laugh. ''You're right. Except for you.'' I say and she smiles and stops. ''You're the sunshine of my day.'' She says sitting down finally. ''Its nice that you have your job back.''

''Yeah, I mean I like being a lawyer.'' She says. ''Hope I am as good as I was before.'' She says. ''Oh God, I missed sitting at a desk.'' She says and I chuckle.

''So are you seeing anyone else?'' She asks and I shake my head. ''No, mom. I am not.''

''Good, my friend Elsbeth. She had a daughter and she just finished college.''

''Cut it out mother.'' I say and she smiles. ''Okay okay.'' She says sighing. ''I just can't believe the grown man sitting infront of me. It makes me feel old.''

''You are not old.'' I laugh. ''I miss your laugh. I miss when all of you were home. Playing games, chasing eachother and laughing through out the house. The house is so empty.'' She sighs. ''Lucas is leaving too.''

''Just you and the twins.'' I say and she chuckles. ''The twins and I are getting along so well. I feel like I don't deserve it all.'' She says. ''You do. Come on you raised 6 kids.'' I say and she laughs. ''You're right.'' She nods.

''I have to get back to work. Thanks for coming to see me Mace. I love you.'' She says hugging me. ''Go kick ass in court. Or I will physically.'' I tease walking out. As I head the lifts I see Blu walking out of the lift.

''Hey.'' I say and she looks up. ''Hi Mason.'' She says and I nod.

''Who are you suing.'' I say and she chuckles. ''Nobody meeting my lawyer about the money I am getting from my late husband.'' She says and I nod. ''Oh, sorry for your loss.'' I say and she rolls her eyes. ''Sorry... insensitive?'' I ask and she just laughs.

''So, how are you and Nick doing?'' I ask and she chuckles. ''You talk more than your brother.'' She states. ''Yeah. He is the serious one.''

''And you're the troublemaker one.'' She says and I laugh. ''So he does talk.'' I say and she just chuckles. ''Were good.'' She says.

''So just a warning... If you have any plans to screw him over or seek some kind of revenge do not think Nick will spare you because he likes you. When he figured out Georgia did him wrong he actually brought her to those who were hunting her. I had to bring her back.'' I say and Blu frowns. ''But I hope we see eye to eye here Blu.'' I say

''Its just Desi. And nice seeing you Mason.'' She says frowning a little before walking off. She seemed like she was honest.

I leave attending some business before I head back home. As I get in my car I see a black SUV once again following me.

"Sven's team is looking for war. They were following me around today." I tell the guys when I get home.

"Exciting. I say we tell him to leave the country." Liam says making me laugh. "I'm bored. Lets play some games with him." I say grabbing everyones attention. "Yes the prankster is back." Liam says looking at me. "Maybe it was that girl of yours that matured you but I like you better without her." CJ says and I laugh