Chapter 7

Mason's POV

I walk up the stairs of my little brothers new mansion. Honestly, he had a good taste. I'd buy this house too. I walk into my new room for the new few days, weeks maybe. I wanted to spend more time with my brothers and sister. Surprise was not the word when I saw Hazel standing with the guys today. It was insane. It was a good surprise as well as a not so good one. I did not want her in this world. This fucked up twisted insane world I dragged myself in and my brother in. But it was my world and you gotta be pleased with what you have.

''Hey.'' I say closing the door behind me. Hazel was sitting on top of the bed staring at me with those big brown eyes. We haven't talked yet. Just fucked. God knows I needed it.

''Hey.'' She says as I lay down next to where she sat wearing her underwear only. ''So are we going to talk?'' She asks

''About what?''

''This whole world you hid from me.'' She says looking at me.

''You didn't have to know. What good would that do you?'' I ask. ''Nick said you were asking questions.''

''What good did not knowing do me?'' She asks upset. She licks her lips and sighs shaking her head. ''I cried for months not knowing if you were okay when I could see you again. You cut me off.''

''I was hoping you would move on and find happiness because I clearly could not give you that from fucking prison.'' I say annoyed sitting up. ''You finding my brother and friends was not smart. You just got yourself mixed up into this and the life we live is dangerous Hazel.''

''Well, I am out of it. I just wanted to find you and I did.'' She says and I sigh. ''Whose Rex.''

''The guy who is behind why I was locked up for a whole year.'' I say. ''And they killed him?'' She asks clearly unsure.

''I told you its a dangerous life?'' I say and she sighs getting up. ''Why don't you just tell me? Just tell me what you guys do.''

''We run the city. We supply drugs and sell them to people who sell them. We do guns, we do everything Hazel. Were criminals. God. Is that what you want to know?'' I snap at her. She flinches and I feel bad instantly.

''Yeah. I did.'' She whispers

''Fuck.'' I sigh. ''Baby I am sorry for shouting at you..'' I say trying to grab her hand but she moves away from the bed. ''I don't understand... Why?''

''Why what?''

''Why would you do this.''

''Because I want to. You wouldn't understand. This is who I am.'' I say and she shakes her head. ''You left me for a whole year... Because of this and you wanna risk it all.''

''I won't leave you again. I won't leave anyone.'' I say as she cries. ''Why would you leave me and cut me off. I cried myself to sleep everynight.'' She cries as I pull her back on to the bed and hug her as she sobs in my chest.

''I promise I won't leave you again.'' I say feeling my stomach in a twist.

-

The next morning, I wake up early hearing a buzzer in my head that woke me up every morning prison. Hurry up before the hot water runs out. I get into the bathroom, shower and brush my teeth. ''God...'' I sigh looking at myself in the mirror. I was free. Finally and never would I end back up at that shithole. I walk down the stairs and find Nick drinking coffee in the kitchen. ''Morning Nicholas.'' I say and he looks at me and nods. ''I missed coffee that does not taste like garbage.'' I say and he chuckles.

I sit down and sigh. ''Nick, I wanna apologize for breaking my promise of every getting caught and leaving the family.'' I say and he looks up from his phone. ''I am sorry.''