Chapter 35

Nick's POV

"Nick do you know what time it is?"

"Yes 7 in the morning. Get dressed and pack a bag." I tell her as she opens her front door. She was wearing one of my shirts surprisingly. No idea where she got it from.

What are you talking about?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"Well. Were going away for the weekend. My parents own a house in the hamptons." I tell her. "How you said we don't do normal things like a couple? Well surprise." I say and she chuckles. Her face litt up and honestly I should do this more often if it made her this happy. "Stop smiling at me and go get ready." I say and she chuckles before running up the stairs. I lean against my car and wait for her. 10 minutes passed and I started to wonder what she was packing? Her whole closet?

"Hi." Kammy says walking out. I haven't seen her in a while. She looked different.

"Hi." I say looking at her. Just like Desi she just woke up and had her pyjamas on.

"I just wanted to say thanks. I didn't think I'd see Desi smiling at 7 in the morning again." She says and I nod slowly as she walks back into the house.

"I'm ready." Desi says walking outside. She was wearing a short black dress that had tiny straps. It was moving around with the wind as it was lose fitting. She wore these sandals underneath as she walked up. "Took you a while."

"I'm still half sleepy. Forgive me." She says kissing my lips. I could taste the mint on her tongue. She lets go and gets in the car. "You coming or what?" She says and I chuckle putting her bag in the backseat.

"So what made you become so romantic?" She asks as I start driving. "Well, after your voice keeps me awake at night telling me im a lousy boyfriend I have to do something."

"Ah youre so sweet." She says leaning over kissing my lips as she hugs my face. I chuckle and look at her for a second. "Driving." I remind her and she chuckles. After some jokes, she falls asleep and I drive in peace.

When we get to the house, I nudge her softly as shr opens her eyes. "Were here." I say clearing my throat. She looked so peaceful.

"Oh wow." She says getting out the car. "So your parents own this huge house in the hamptons."

"I think with the chaos and everything we just forgot about this house. Or we avoided it because it reminded us of a time we didn't have anymore." I say and she chuckles. "Might have to become a lawyer."

"Why would you? You inheritted about milions from your late husband?" I tease and she looks at me. "Too soon?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. "How about we don't talk about him?" She says and I raise my eyebrows. "Tell me you feel sad about his death?" I say and she shakes her head. "We just got here and were going to start a fight?" She asks and I look at her. "Its simple. Just tell me you don't have feelings for him?"

"He's dead!" She shouts at me. "Ofcourse I dont you self centred bastard." She walks up the steps.

"Thats what I like to hear." I shout after her as she walks into the house with my key.

-

"Mom!" Luke shouts waking me up. "They put worms in my socks!" He carries on as I sit up. "Seriously?" I ask. "Its 10 in the morning."