Chapter 31

"Scrap." I say looking up at the guy walking towards us. We met in the dark alley on the streets of New York.

"Nicholas Adams. You have grown from the last time I saw you. When Collin was still alive." He says. Scrap was standing alone as I stood across him with Desi, Liam and Tim. CJ left with Cleo to take care of Mason.

"What am I hearing on the streets."

"Its bullshit Nick." He says. "We have no beef. Were not planning on anything. Trust me if we were you'd know."

"Am I supposed to take your word?"

"Yes and the loyalty that lies within us. Look, we merged because were trying to take over E48."

"They're all dead." I say

"They're dead?" He asks shocked. "Let that be a warning Scrap if you guys are conspiring." I say and he chuckles.

"Wheres little CJ."

"Hes not here." I say and he nods. "Tell me if you guys start to threaten me that my loyalties with his brother are going to disappear."

"Noted." I say as he walks away.

"He looks about 30." Desi says. "He's got a 18 year old son." Liam tells her. "Got a girl knocked up when he was 25 and then killed the mother."

Desi's POV

"I wonder where Kammy is?" I tell Cleo. "Is she not with Sam?"

"Not during the explosion." I say as she sat on my bed. I would consider us getting close. I liked it. She was funny abd sweet and helped me so much with this whole Nick situation.

"Georgia is still alive." She tells me and I shrug. "I don't know why after what she did to us."

"Nick." She says. "He's a good person deep down." I feel myself rubbing my now flat belly. I miss it being a little bump. "You guys should talk."

"I'm scared he will hate me forever. Plus it seemed like he was totally over me as he fucked Georgia in the pool?"

"The pool?" She asks. "That's disgusting." She pulls a face and I just laugh at her. "Talk to Nick." She says getting up and I nod as she leaves. What the hell was I supposed to say? Thanks for saving my life today but sorry I didn't listen to you and put our child life at risk?

I hear Cleo's voice as well as Nick as they walk past my room. My new room. While Nick was gone I secretly used to sleep in his bed crying hoping he would he here to hold me and tell me it was okay... Things like this happened. It was life.

"Hey." Nick says making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Hey." I say looking at him standing in the doorway watching me. His mom was right. He lost wait. The weeks he was gone he became slimmer rather than the build body he had. He stared at me for a few seconds almost waiting for me to tell him he could enter.

"Okay youre creeping me out." I say and he chuckles walking into the room. "I wanted to clear things up between us now that we are working in the same circle."

Oh.

"Okay." I say feeling a little disappointed he wasn't saying more than just 'clear the air'.

"Whatever happened between us... We should put that behind us."

"Thanks for saving my life today." I tell him and he nods. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you when you needed me to protect you the most." He says and I shake my head feeling my eyes fill with tears. "Don't be like that." I says and he nods. "It was my fault not to listen to you." I say getting off my bed and walk towards him. "It was stupid of us to think a baby would survive in our world."