Chapter 24

Mason's POV

"Where are you?" I ask Nick over the phone. He was starting to really annoy me. He was constantly with Desi or working and I wad starting to get scared he would stress himself out back into his old ways.

"I'm running late." He says clearing his throat. There was a giggle behind him making me roll my eyes. "No you're with Blu." I say

"I'll be there in 10." He says hanging up. Jackass. It was Alex birthday and ofcourse was there a family meal.

"Hey mace, I made you a plate." Sophia says as I sit down. Everyone was treating me like I was a fragile egg. I mean sure Hazel was gone and it was my fault for dumping her and not even keeping an eye out. My mind ran in circles sometimes and I didn't know what to do.

"Thanks." I say taking the plate. "So you been good?" I ask her and everyonr just stares at her. "What did you do?" I ask raising my eyebrows. "You do know Nick has full custody and if he sends you back I can't stop him?" I say just to scare her. "I'm good." She says sitting down shrugging

"Stop the negativity." Mom says. "My eldest is 23 today." She smiles. Alex was 4 months older than me and people in school always taught we were twins and we used to play along with it.

"Happy birthday man." I say getting the piece of cake and rubbing it in his face. "And another one." Sam shouts slamming another piece into his face as he ran away. The frosting and cream all over the floor and his clothes he starts wiping it out his eyes. "You guys are dead." He says. "As soon as I get the cream out of my eyes."

"You guys wasting the cake I made!" My mom says and we all laugh knowing damn well she bought this.

"Hey look who joined the party!" Sophia says throwing a bunch of balloons Nicks way. He just stares at her and walks in pushing his hair out of his face sighing holding keys in his hand. "Hey." He says but Luke is chasing Alex with cake and the twins were plotting for mom.

"You look like you just got laid." I say and he looks at me and a smirk appears on his face. "I think you should really call atleast one of those girls that slip you their number." He says and I roll my eyes. "Happy birthday." Nick says as Alex joins the conversation. "You just had sex." Alex says looking at Nick.

"Okay whats wrong with you guys?" He asks and Alex and I laugh. "Its the messy hair and hickeys over you neck." He says pulling his shirt to look at his chest. "Oh my God never ending." Alex teases.

"Shut up and here." He says giving him the keys. They were mercedes keys. "Oh shit." He says walking outside. The twins put down the cake and follow him out. "You bought him a bentz?" I say and Nick nods. "What did you get him?"

"A video game." I say laughing.

After a while, my mom gets up. "Can I talk to you guys for a second?" She asks and I look at Nick and Alex. Who shrug and follow mom into the kitchen while Luke, Sophia and Sam carry on playing the video game.

"I want to talk to you guys about taking back custody of the twins and Lucas." She says.

"Luke is 18. Legally an adult." Alex says

"Sorry. The twins who are both 16." She says sitting down. Weird seeing her serious and not in her smart lawyer clothes. She wore jeans and a top. She was so small and skinny.