74. Toddlers and Robbers

(Pietro and Bruce are online)

Pietro: ...so I was thinking that we read "Cops and Robbers" to the little kids and then we read "Assassins Incorporated" and then we read "The Ghost of Midnight" which is really cool and -

Bruce: Pietro, calm down. We can't read these books to the little kids!

Pietro: What? Why not????

Bruce: Because of two reasons! a) those books are thicker than the Bible and b) those books are too violent or inappropriate for the little kids!

Pietro: Technically, Bruce, all those books are less than half the size of the Bible.

Bruce: I'm exaggerating, Pietro!!

Pietro: Well, anyways, the books aren't even that violent. They only have killing, violence, blood and gore, cursive language - oh. I see what you mean now.

Bruce: Duh! Surely as a father you must know what is for kids and what is not!

Pietro: *pouts* Yeah...

Bruce: Speaking of which, how are Emma and Chrissie?

Pietro: They returned to school. Their suspension is over.

Bruce: Oh, great! Now, let's go to the community centre and then we'll decide on a book.

AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE

(Toddlers and Parents are online)

Parent #1: Oh, Bruce! I'm so glad you're here! The children are getting rowdy! They are ecstatic for Story Hour!

Parent #2: So am I! I love Story Hour because we can leave our kids in your hands and relax for an hour! WOO!

Parent #3: Agreed! See you in an hour, Bruce!

(Parents have logged off)

Pietro: WHAT! NO PARENTS TO HELP US?!?!

Bruce: It's nothing to complain about, they always do leave.

Toddler #1: BOOKS! *starts eating pages off a book*

Toddler #2: Bwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! Bwuuuuuuuuuuuce!

Toddler #3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pietro: Uh...hi kids?

Bruce: Okay, Pietro, get me a copy of "Who Sank the Boat" please.

Pietro: Sure. *super speeds to book shelf*

Toddler #1: *grabs book* BOOK! *eats book*

Pietro: AHHHHH! THE KID AT THE BOOK!

Bruce: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET THE BOOK OUT!

Pietro: *grabs book from toddler's mouth* Eep, it's covered in saliva!

Bruce: Chuck that in the bin. I'll get "Green Eggs and Ham" to read. *walks over to book shelf*

Toddler #2: *eats book*

Bruce: Uhh...Pietro, please tell me the kid isn't eating "Green Eggs and Ham."

Pietro: I can't. That'd be lying.

Bruce: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET THE BOOK OUT!

Pietro: *grabs book from toddler's mouth* Eep, it's covered in saliva!

Bruce: *sighs* Bin it. I'm going to read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" for the kids instead.

Toddler #3: *eats book*