75. The Wonders of Chromatography

(Steve and Bruce are online)

Bruce: YASSS! MY FAVOURITE DAY! SCIENCE AND MATHS CLUB DAY!

Steve: Calm down, Bruce. You're turning into Thor.

Bruce: Whatever! TO THE COMMUNITY CENTRE LAB!

AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE

Bruce: Steve, meet the community's young budding scientists!

(Budding Scientists are online)

Budding Scientists: HI BRUCE! HI STEVE!

Steve: Hello, kids! How're we all?

Budding Scientists: Good!

Bruce: Alright, today, we're working on chromatography! Our experiment will be mixing colours together with water.

Steve: Uh...not to be rude, but what's chromatography?

Bruce: *gasps* HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND SCIENCE! EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! SOMEBODY EXPLAIN!

Budding Scientist #1: Chromatography means "the separation of mixtures" often relating to colours -

(Peter is online)

Peter: *pants* Sorry, I'm late, Bruce! T-traffic jam! I totally wasn't stopping a bank robbery! *pants* What're we doing?

Bruce: Parker, late again. Make sure that never happens again.

Peter: Sorry Bruce. Won't happen again, I promise.

Bruce: Don't make promises you can't keep, Parker.

Peter: Yeah, but those are the best kind!

Budding Scientist #2: *face palm*

Steve: Hey, Peter!

Peter: Oh, hey, Cap!

Steve: How's the *lowers voice* saving the city going?

Peter: *lowers voice* Good.

Bruce: Anyways, somebody explain chromatography to Steve!

Peter: Oh, oh! Me! Chromatography means "splitting combinations of chemicals" and we usually split colours in chromatography! MY FAVOURITE COLOURS ARE RED AND BLUE BECAUSE THEY'RE SOOOOO AWESOME! Not that I wear red and blue unitards to save cats from trees or anything...haha. *laughs uncomfortably*

Budding Scientist #1: Sooo no obvious.

Budding Scientist #2: Totes not Spider-Man.

Bruce: Okay... Now everyone, grab a strip of paper and a marker. Colour in the top of your paper with the marker and place the uncoloured end in this glass of water. Steve, please help hand out the paper and markers.

Steve: Sure! *hands out paper* *hands out markers*

Peter: OMGOMG CAN I HAVE 2 COLOURS?!?! BLUE AND RED?!?!

Bruce: Whatever, Parker.

Steve: Hey, Bruce. My phone's ringing, I'll be right back. Oh, and do I press the green button to answer it or do I press the red one?

Bruce: Green one!!

Steve: Oh, okay. Thanks!

(Steve has logged off)

Bruce: What're you doing, Parker?

Peter: Oh, just using my super spider senses to listen to Steve on the phone – oh! I mean, daydreaming! *laughs uncomfortably* Yeah, daydreaming!

Bruce: Hmm...okay, get back to work.

(Steve is online)

Steve: *sighs* Bruce, there's a robber in a convenience store down town. All the Avengers are busy, there's nobody to stop it. Wanna go and help?

Bruce: But – but – but Steve! SCIENCE! MATHS! DON'T YOU WANNA LEARN THE WONDERS OF CHROMATOGRAPHY??

Steve: No, not really.

Peter: Me neither! I wanna go and stop this robbery in my amazing Spider-Man suit! I mean, I wanna leave. Bye!

(Peter has logged off)

Steve: Yeah, he'll handle it.

Bruce: Good. Now...SCIENCE, STEVE, SCIENCE!

Steve: You know what, I'm gonna leave and help Peter. BYE!

(Steve has logged off)

Bruce: Gah! Let's just do science!

A/N- Hi guys!

Happy Easter! EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE MAN!

Anyways, this chapter was rushed...I bet it sucks idk. I'll try and up my game soon as I have the whole holidays ahead of me.

Also, the video up top is so cool! Wish I could enter but I ain't American! And I know nothing about science.

Oh and I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 yesterday!! IT WAS HILARIOUS! But the second one was better. Maybe I didn't enjoy the third movie as much because I ran out of water half way through the movie and was waiting anxiously for it to end so that I could get a bottle of water. Lolz. I love water!

Anyways, have a great day! Hope you enjoyed the Spider-Man cameo.

Lotsa love,

Chrissie!
xoxo