prologue

I stood outside the school, impatiently waiting for my mom to me up

I stood outside the school, impatiently waiting for my mom to me up. I took out my phone and was about to text her to ask where she was until I heard a loud bang come from inside the school followed by a scream - it sounded like a girl - don't tell me it's a first grader who fell down the stairs or something.

I looked around to see if my mom's car was in sight. Since there was no cars, I rolled my eyes and walked back into school; I never thought I'd be walking back into hell after just coming out of it.

I followed the loud noises down the hallways until I stopped at a turning. There was an unbelievably tall man with a cloak over him, his voice was bellowing at it's victims and held up it's hands. Fireballs forming.

He was facing the girls that were screaming. I couldn't see them, but the screams continued so I'm guessing it's them.

Should I risk it? Should I really risk sharing the fact that I'm a witch with some school girls? Who knows how fast my secret could spread.
Oh, screw it.

I ran towards the figure at full speed and kicked it with all the strength I had. The man in the cloak groaned and tried to get himself back on his feet, but before he could even find his balance I shouted the spell to make your target to disintegrate - never to be seen again.

Blue bolts emitted and flew towards the man and within the blink of an eye, he was nothing but dust.

Oh no, I saved some girls but I suddenly regret it. They're gonna tell everyone and I'm gonna be screwed.

I turned towards the what I thought would be girls... but there were two guys stood there. The blonde one who seriously needed a hair cut was hidden behind the slightly taller boy in a blue top with brown stripes... nice.

Don't even get me started on what the blonde boy was wearing. I've never seen them around the school... but they look like the kinda people who would tell all of their friends they met a witch. The blonde boy screamed again, then again.

The dark haired boy shook his weird friend off. "Rory, calm down! He's gone!"

He stopped screaming and grinned. "Really? Oh, yeah! Woah, that was amazing!"

The dark haired boy scanned me up and down, smirking. "So, you're a witch?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Yeah..."
"Awesome! I've never met a witch before!"
"Trust me, not many people have."

"You'd be surprised who I've met before. I'm a wizard... kinda." The brunette boy told me.

I stepped towards him, tilting my head.
"I have this book," He began, pulling this small book out of nowhere. "It's full of magic spells! My friends are in need of help - I cast the spells and save the day!" He exclaims, leaning against the lockers. "What's your name?"

I raised an eyebrow at his poor attempt of flirting before answering. "Olivia. What's yours?"

"Benny." He tutted his head and gave her a dorky grin.

"I'm Rory!" Rory almost shouted with a huge, toothy grin on his face.

I forced an awkward smile, as if he wasn't creeping me out right now. "Okay... hi, Rory."

Two girls appeared beside Benny and Rory within a nanosecond, followed by an exhausted looking boy. "You know as vampires with super speed you could at least have the curtesy of taking me with you and not leaving-!" He stopped once he saw me.

I laughed. "Don't worry, I know about pretty much every supernatural stuff going on here; it's Whitechapel after all."

"W-what do you m-mean?" He stuttered.
"She's a witch!" Rory exclaimed.
"Yeah. Okay. Thanks." I said, sarcastically.

"We already have so much in common." Benny said, grinning at his friends.

"Cool! Well, I'm Ethan."
"Olivia." I smiled.

We stood there in silence for a while.
"Well, I better go. My mom's waiting outside for me... I hope."

"I could give you a lift back." Benny offered, walking closer towards me.
The blonde girl scoffed. "With what? Your geek-mobile?"
Benny shot her a glare.

"U-uhm, I'm good thanks." I gave Benny a small smile before turning to Rory. "Oh, and by the way, you scream like a girl."

I turned my back to the group and began to head back to car park, grinning at the laughs I earned.

KAYA SCODELARIO AS OLIVIA MONTGOMERY