welcome back dusker [part 1]

It's been weeks since Olivia left and every single hour of every single day, she was on Benny's mind

Since Sarah came back Ethan's a lot happier but Benny can't stop thinking about Olivia and what his grandma had told him.

"Of course I'm glad she's back, but, I don't she know she seemed different and- okay come on cut it out!" Ethan groaned.

"I'm just trying to take my mind off Olivia. I was trying to summon chicks and..."

"Aw!" Ethan said, holding a chick in his hands.

"Well just focus from now on, I'm worried about her, Benny. Besides, how is summoning chicks supposed to help you get over her?"
Benny ignored Ethan's last question.

"Sarah's probably just traumatised, she'll need time to adjust."

"So then the Fledgling says my dentist is the one with the cavities now-" Sarah and Erica laughed.

"Look who I bumped into." Erica smiled.
"Care for a welcome back chick?" Benny asked them.

"Aw, that is so cute! That'll be a yummy snack later." Sarah stroked the baby chicken.
"What?!" Benny and Ethan shrieked. Benny pulled the baby chicken away from Sarah.

"It's a joke! Ethan, I don't remember you being so serious!" Sarah laughed.
"I don't remember you being so funny." He mumbled.

The bell then rang. Benny groaned when he realised he had chemistry first - without Olivia.

Sarah sighed. "Even immortals have to go to class."
"Bye." The girls waved.

***

Benny was sat at the back of chemistry class alone, waiting for his teacher to show up.

He looked down at his arm and pictured Olivia's beside him, remembering that moment in class when Doug took over. "Sorry I'm late." The teacher said. "I was told to pick up our new student from reception; everyone meet Jodie Summers."

Benny looked up at the girl stood by his teacher with her hands shoved in her pockets, with one strap of her backpack hanging on her left shoulder.

She had dark hair - almost black, pale skin and was wearing a long, grey shirt with black skinny, ripped jeans and black converse. On top of that, she wore millions of jewellery and dark, heavy makeup. She didn't look like herself at all... and it was all thanks to Jesse.

"There's a spot next to Benny at the back, why don't you sit there?"

Benny watched the girl bite her lip before nodding and walking towards the empty seat beside him.

He looked at Jodie, carefully, analysing her. His eyes fell upon hers. Under all the eyeliner that she was wearing, he saw that they were a beautiful blue.