village of the darned

"Remind me why you're bringing me to Ethan's just to play video games?" Olivia asked boyfriend, who was eagerly striding towards Ethan's house

"Remind me why you're bringing me to Ethan's just to play video games?" Olivia asked boyfriend, who was eagerly striding towards Ethan's house. "Because I want you to try gaming." He responded. "Besides, Ethan's also got these kids he's babysitting - he calls them the tornado twins."
"Benny, I've played video games before-"
"Then why did you stop? You'd be an extra cool girlfriend if you were a gamer too!"
Olivia smacked him lightly. "Because, it's addictive! Anyways, we're here now."
Benny opened Ethan's door. "Do you ever knock?" She asked him. Benny put his finger to his lips and pointed at Ethan and Sarah before running into the kitchen and shouting "BENNY!"
Sarah's immediate reflex was to punch Benny in the stomach. Benny grasped his stomach and started to choke a little, Sarah apologised a countless amount of times. "Olivia!" Olivia sarcastically said, walking into the kitchen after him with jazz hands.
"Booya!" Rory then yelled, jumping up from behind them. Ethan turned around and shot him in the forehead with a nerf gun. "Hey! Is this for me barfing down your chimney?"
"No, I just - wait, you what?!"
"Nothing." Rory replied. "I'm here to help battle the tornado twins."
"Yeah, me too are they here yet, I don't   see anybody bleeding." Benny said.
"Speak for yourself," Ethan said, pointing at the kids sat at his table with Jane. "hey boys, this is Benny, Olivia and Rory."
"Hello Benny, Olivia and Rory." The twins said simultaneously.
"Woah, that is a tornado of weird." Rory whispered.
"Okay, kids speaking in unison that's never good." Benny replied.
Suddenly, Erica barged in, making the five spin around in shock.
"Are we going or what? I'm starving!"
Sarah sighed, relieved that it was only Erica. "Coming." She grabbed her stuff.
"Are you two seriously obeying the new rule?" Olivia asked.
"Going where?" Ethan questioned.
"It's a new safety rule from the council, they want us to hunt in pairs or more." Sarah explained.
"So I have to watch this vegetation vampire pick up her blood salad from a delivery truck!" Erica rolled her eyes.
"Can I come?" Olivia asked. "You know for sure that I'd be hunting a very different way to Sarah."
Benny looked at her.
"Yes, please come!" Erica pleaded.
"Beats watching you choose your meal!" Sarah argued. "He's so stringy, he's too old, I hate her outfit!" She mimicked Erica before looking at Olivia. "And I have to cope with that x2!"
"People with bad taste, taste bad." Erica defended. "More stalk, less talk."
"You're supposed to be my backup! You can't leave me alone with them!" Ethan hissed.
"What, are you afraid they're gonna colour outside the lines?" Erica sassed. Benny had to hold in his laugh.
Erica and Olivia began to head for the door. "We won't be long, if you need backup I'm sure Jane can handle it." Sarah said, looking to Jane. "Right, Jane?"
"You betcha." She answered, smiling.
Sarah smiled at Ethan before reaching Erica and Olivia. "Olivia! Don't bite off anyone's heads!" She heard Benny yell, Olivia laughed. "He'll be glad he doesn't see what happens once I'm out at night."

***

"Seriously, what's good's pre-paying for delivery if the guy doesn't show up?" Sarah complained.
"What's the point of having fangs if your friend stops you from biting people!" Erica shot back.
"The guy was driving, Erica!"
"It's called Meals on Wheels, Sarah!" Erica argued. "And he had his window open!"
"He also had a mullet, I thought you were a "food snob"."
"Where is everyone, anyways?" Olivia asked, breaking up the argument.
"There's literally no one on the streets..." Sarah said, realising that they were the only people around.
"Moles all around, watch our numbers grow." The three girls heard a group of what sounded like kids, say.