"i love the things you hate about yourself."

a/n: another extra chapter, woo! i hope to y'all, that's a good thing. 😂
okay, so im hoping this turns out to be a really pretty, aesthetic and atmospheric (also v cheesy lmao sorry it's like 2am right now) chapter, but knowing me, it probably won't. let's just see how this goes.
btw, the scream poem is mine and the picture is supposed to be what the sunset looks like :)

Benny knocked at Olivia's at the time of day she told him to: the evening.
He brushed himself down quickly before Olivia opened the door. Benny smiled a goofy smile. "So, where are we going."
Olivia stepped outside before looking around to see if anyone was around.
"What're you doing?" Benny asked.
Olivia smirked and took hold of his hand. "Hold on tight."
With that, Olivia whizzed down the street, she was heading towards the cliff that overlooked Whitechapel.

Once they got there, Benny was panting. Olivia laughed. "Well, at least you held on tight."
Benny looked around and realised where they were. "Why're we here?"

Olivia sat herself down, her feet hanging over the edge of the cliff. Benny sat down beside her, waiting for an answer.
"This is my kind of date: overlooking Whitechapel whilst watching the sunset."
"You're a sunset kinda girl, huh?" Benny grinned, raising an eyebrow.
Olivia chuckled and nodded. "What sort of stuff are you into, other than your nerd hobbies."
Benny shrugged. "I don't know, I guess I like messing around with magic - but you already know that. I also like cuddling... and right now would definitely be a good time." He said, scratching the back of his neck and looking around.
Olivia laughed and shuffled closer to her boyfriend, who wrapped his arm around her, she then rested her head on his shoulder.
Benny's eyes focused on Olivia, turning his head a little. He admired her and how beautiful she looked with the small amount of sunlight left reflecting onto her pale skin.

"It's really pretty, isn't it?" Olivia sighed.
"Yeah... it really is. Benny replied, softly.
Olivia laughed when she realised Benny was gazing at her. "I'm talking about the sunset; all the different shades of purples and the pinks... it feels like everything's okay again." Her eyes widened once she realised she'd said something she didn't want anyone to hear - especially Benny.

"What do you mean?" Benny asked, leaning away so Olivia couldn't rest her head on his shoulder. Olivia sat up and sighed. "You know, all of the supernatural stuff that we have to face." She lied, hoping that Benny would believe her.

"Olivia, are you okay?" Benny asked, wanting an honest answer.
"This our date, Benny, don't worry about me." Olivia responded.
Benny shook his head. "No," He argued. "you can tell me. I can about you and I don't want to be unaware of what's wrong with my girlfriend."
Olivia paused for a moment before nodding. "Okay, fine." She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and began to explain. "I know I mean seem like I love being a vampire and that I'm confident and all that, but I'm really not; I hate who I've become and I hate that I now have to live off humans to survive. When I'm alone I'm not confident at all, I'm sat in my room and I'll be cursing myself because of how low I really feel about myself. I'm finding it harder to concentrate in class and every time I bite someone, I feel like even more of a monster." Olivia tried so hard to hold her tears in, she didn't want this to turn into a session of her getting pity from for boyfriend - this was a date.

Benny sighed took hold of Olivia's hand, shuffling closer to her. "Don't cry, Olivia. I don't know why you feel so low about yourself - you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and honestly, whenever I see a guy looking at you and I'm stood by your side, I feel like the luckiest nerd ever."
Olivia chuckled lightly at Benny's comment.

"You're not a monster and it's not your fault you're a vampire now; it's Jesse's. If I ever see him again, let's just say I'll use the spell I found that will end his life for good!" Benny used his free hand to cup Olivia's chin and turn it towards him, so their eyes were locked.
"I love the things you hate about yourself."

Olivia didn't know what to say; no boyfriend of hers has ever cared so much about her. She'd also never seen this side of Benny. As much as she loved his nerdy side, she was beginning to become more fond of his romantic side.
"What is it?" Benny asked, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Did I say something wrong?"
Olivia slowly shook her head. "No, no. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."
Benny started to chuckle. "What are we in? Some sort of cheesy version of Dusk?"
Olivia laughed. "You know, I actually really like this romantic side of you, even though your nerdy side is adorable."
Benny gave her a toothy grin. "Thanks."

Olivia paused for a second, looking at Whitechapel before looking back to Benny and smirking. "Wanna fly over Whitechapel? I've always wanted to do it - I guess that's a plus when you're a vampire - you know, flying and stuff."
Benny's grinned remained and he rapidly nodded his head and jumped up. "Yes! I get to fly in video games but never in real life!" He said excitedly, as if he was some sort of 5 year old who just got told they could go on the ride at the theme park they've been dying to go on.
Olivia got up, giggling. "Okay, sure." She took hold of his left hand with hers. "Take a few steps back-"
"Wait!" Benny interrupted.
"What is it?"

Benny scanned her lips for a moment before pulling her closer and kissing her. Olivia was surprised at first, but then smiled through the kiss.

It wasn't a long, romantic kiss, it was short, yet it meant something. Benny pulled away and grinned. "Okay, let's go."

Olivia tightened her grip on Benny's hand and took a few steps back, him doing the same. "Just don't let you... because if you... well, you'll probably die, so..."
Benny's eyes widened, he gulped and looked at Whitechapel before looking back over at Olivia.

Olivia began to ran for the cliff, going at vampire speed before the two jumped. Benny started to scream a like a girl, which made her laugh. Olivia started to slow down once they were hovering over the main park in their small town. Benny began to calm down, taking deep breaths. "Okay, it's not so bad." He nervously chuckled.
"Yeah, it's kind of pretty now it's getting darker - all of the lights from both the streets and people's houses are coming on."
"Along with the sunset, of course." Benny teased, cracking a grin.
Olivia gave him a jokey, yet disciplinary look. "I'll let go."
"No!" Benny almost yelled, quickly. He then nervously laughed and grinned. "That's not a good idea."
Olivia smirked at him before looking back down at the small town.

"So you've never done this before?" Benny asked, breaking the silence.
Olivia shook her head. "Nope. Well, sometimes I go over to the cliff whenever I wanna be alone, when I have the time, because of all the supernatural monsters we fight off and all."