the date to end all dates [part 2]

"How horrible it can be?" Sarah scoffed.
"You yourself said it was a mistake." Erica said, shutting her locker.
"I was half kidding!" Sarah defended. "And I didn't think he would agree so quickly."
"Whatever, you gave it a shot... for some reason and look what happened." Erica shrugged. "Dinner was ruined, everyone was attacked by an invisible monster and there's a gem that can kill a vampire! So, lesson: don't date geeks!"
Sarah rolled her eyes.
"He's probably just nervous," Olivia said. "After all; it is Ethan we're talking about."

***

Later that day, Erica noticed Ethan waving at them by the door, trying to get their attention. Olivia heard Erica constantly hissing Sarah's name but she wasn't answering. Olivia reached out and harshly hit her arm. Sarah looked up at her, clenching it in pain.

"Sorry," Olivia whispered. "but there's someone who wants to talk to you." She nodded her head towards the door.
"Looks like someone's in need of more awkward conversation." Erica grinned.

Sarah looked over at Ethan, who was signalling for to come outside, but Sarah shook her head and mouthed go.

Ethan wasn't giving up, he shook his head and kept urging her to come outside. Sarah rolled her eyes and mouthed go one more time before returning to her work. Ethan over at Olivia. She shrugged before he walked off.

***

"Have you seen Benny today?" Olivia asked Sarah as they walked down the school corridor.
Sarah shook her head. "No, why?"
"I just wanted to see him - I haven't seen him all day." Olivia sighed.
Sarah shrugged. "I'm sure he's fine. Ethan and Benny are always up to something."

Ethan suddenly ran into Sarah. Due to how unstable Ethan was, he fell to the floor.
"Ethan, are you okay?" Sarah and Olivia asked.
Ethan stared at them in horror. "What's wrong with you?" He stared at the two girls who looked like they'd been dead for centuries.
"Excuse me?" Olivia scoffed.
"What's wrong with you? It was just one bad date-"
Ethan scrambled to his feet and ran away.
Olivia and Sarah looked at each-other. "What the hell just happened?"

***

Olivia was sat at home when to her delight, she got a call from Benny. "Hey, Benny. What's up? I haven't seen you all-"
"Come over to Ethan's, right now." He ordered, cutting her off.
"Er... okay." Olivia said. "Why-"
Benny hung up and Olivia threw her arms up in the air, getting up as she did so. "Really?"

***

"Ethan, look at Sarah." Evelyn said, calmly.
Ethan nervously looked up at Sarah, who still looked dead.
"Stern wants you afraid, why? Because he knows you can stop him." Evelyn continued. "You just have to find something stronger than your fear. Sarah's the one you want to protect the most,"
Benny shot his grandma a glare. "But I'm his best friend."
Evelyn ignored him. "Now, whatever teenager nonsense is going on you two care about each-other."
Benny still looked offended, he frowned. Olivia sat next to Benny and took hold of his hand, placing their connected hands on her thigh. "It's the same with us, Benny."
His frown turned into a smile.
"Olivia's right." Evelyn told them, before returning her attention to Ethan and Sarah. "You have to believe me; that's stronger than any magic Stern might put in this message." Evelyn got up and opened the letter. "Let's see what we're dealing with."

She was taken aback by a purple light that emitted from the paper and hit her body, knocking her onto the couch. Luckily, Ethan caught hold of her arm just in time but found himself within Evelyn's mind.