welcome back dusker [part 2]

"Ethan?" Benny called, as he rode his bike to his house

"Ethan?" Benny called, as he rode his bike to his house. "Nope, I guess he's not home."

He then called him. "Ethan where are you? Oh, great! I'll be right over! No, don't worry, I won't tell any vampires you're hiding at the library." He raised his voice at the end.

In the corner of his eye, he saw two vampires run off. "Fang code 0, I repeat, fang code 0."

***

"All clear." Benny said, walking into Ethan's room, whilst putting his phone away, he accidentally pressed the on button and remembered his lock screen was still a picture of him and Olivia.

He shook it off and sat down with Rory and Ethan. "I double-backed and snuck in, I marked every spell that involves evil smokes, sulphur and violence."

"Woah, that's a lot of smoky violence!" Rory exclaimed.

"Hence the name black magic and not nice sunny smiley face magic." Benny retorted.

"Woah, dude, chill. You okay?" Rory asked him.
Benny nodded. "I'm fine."

"There's over a dozen disappearances in the last month." Ethan said, looking at his computer. "And on almost all of them, they say no recent picture available."

"So this magic mist attacks people who don't own a camera!"
"Or a mist that attacks people who don't show up on camera." Ethan said.
"Right! Shy people!" Rory grinned.
Ethan rolled his eyes. "No, dude, vampires!"

"Here, this must be it." Benny said, showing Ethan a page in his spell book. "Inspiramortis: the breath of death. Whoever uses this can transform their anger or dark energies into a physical vapour that seeks out and destroys its intended target."

"That's why it totally ignored me!" Ethan exclaimed. "It's only going after vampires! We have to warn Sarah-"
"And Olivia!" Benny said, a little to quickly.

"You've talked to her?"
He nodded and gulped. "Yeah, it's Olivia and I don't want her to inhale any of this stuff."

"So you're still together?" Ethan asked. Benny paused, luckily Ethan started to speak into the phone as he called Sarah. "Come on, Sarah, where are you?!"

***

"I think I found a way to fight the breath of death." Benny announced.
Rory's hand shot up.
"And don't say hold your noses." Ethan said, Rory frowned and lowered his hand.

"Ancient tribes use these wish bottles to lure evil spirits away from people and then trap them." Benny explained.

"Cool! Last time I checked we're fresh out of wish bottles." Ethan replied.
"Any container can work, like this!" Benny said, taking one of Ethan's pencil pots, emptying it. "As long as you put the right symbols on them and I say the right spell over it, the hard parts the bait."

"Bait?!" Ethan repeated.
"The spirit's target."
"Well, this mist is targeting vampires so we put vampire stuff in the jar?" Ethan suggested.

"What vampire stuff? Not my internal organs - I need those!" Rory said.

"Have you gone number one recently?" Benny asked him.
"Ew!"
Benny raised his arms and Rory groaned, snatching the container from Benny.

"Sarah's not answering." Ethan's phone then went off again. "Sarah?! A trial? No, this is bad. They're all in danger! Where is it?" Ethan nodded and got up.

"Where are you going?" Benny asked.
"The Old Mason Lodge, and you and Rory are coming with me." Ethan answered.

***

"So come and get it, princess. I've been itching for a fight all day." The boys heard Sarah say.

"Let her go!" Ethan called. "I'm the one you want!"

"I've got this, why're you here?!"
"I'm trying to protect you-"
"I was trying to protect you." Sarah shot back.
"Well we're protecting you too!" Benny said.

"Look, I didn't touch your friends, they were attacked by a spell called the breath of death." Ethan explained.

"Yeah, pretty scary right? But what matters is that we can stop it!"
"True! They made me go in a jar!" Rory chipped in.

"Quiet!" Anastasia ordered. "perhaps we owe these boys a chance to prove their innocence."

"That's very reasonable, thank you!" Ethan smiled, putting his stake away.
"I move the mortals to be devoured now." She says, putting a spell on Dirk so he passes out.
"What?! That's not fair?!" They all shouted.

"If the attacks continue after you're gone, then I guess you were innocent!" She smiled, sitting back down. "Seems fair enough."

"I totally disagree with that assessment!" Benny yelled.
"I guess I got my orientation after all. You taught me when to control myself and when not to!" Sarah hissed.

"Sarah, wait!" Ethan said. "You call yourself a council? Don't you even have to take a vote?"

"Fine, all in favour, show of hands." Anastasia said. The rest of the council raised their hands, as well as her. Suddenly, the council member sat next to Anastasia began to attack her.

"Benny! The wish bottle, hurry!" Ethan ordered.
"Get it off of me!" Anastasia shouted.
"Here, breath of death," Ethan said, waving the container in front of the vampire. "Mmm, smells yummy, vampire."

The vampire climbed across the table and followed Ethan. Ethan then tripped and dropped the container, all of the objects inside had fallen out. "Dude, that's bad." Benny said.

The breath of death came out of the vampire and lurked around Ethan.
"And gross..." He added.
"Ethan? Are you okay?" Sarah asked, crouching beside him.

The mist then entered Ethan and he launched himself at Sarah.

"Destroy him!" Anastasia ordered.
"Where's the wish bottle?" Benny looked around. Once he saw it, he shoved everything back into the container and walked up to Rory.

"Rory, it still needs something, do you mind?"
"Yeah-"
Benny ripped a bit of his hair out, before he could finish his sentence. "Ow, my hair!" Rory yelled.
"Secantos, delform, recandal, salphor!" Benny shouted.

Suddenly, Olivia appeared. Her eyes went a bright blue and her fangs appeared. She hissed and leaped on top of Ethan, holding him down.
Benny's eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Benny, focus!" Sarah shouted at him.
He snapped out of it and nodded, running towards Ethan, who was still pinned to the floor and held the wish bottle out.

The breath of death exited Ethan and went for the container. "Gotcha!"

Benny said, putting the lid on. "Anti-vampire mist anyone?" He asked.
Olivia got off Ethan and helped him up. "Olivia!" He said.
"Uh, hey." She flashed a smile.

"Still mad at me for defending the mortals who just saved your life?" Sarah asked Anastasia.

"Erica was right; you are no fun."
"Olivia, what're you-"

Olivia ran off at vampire speed, trying to leave as quickly as she could. She wanted to help out but already felt extremely awkward around Benny, which was not what she wanted.
Within a blink of an eye, she was gone.

Benny sighed. "Until next time." He whispered to himself.
"Fine, you're free to go." Anastasia announced.
"Thank you. That's more like it." Sarah smiled.

"Stop!" She yelled, the group turned around.
"Before you go... I want Dirk's autograph... for a friend..." Anastasia said, awkwardly.
"Vampire awkward!" Benny whispered to Ethan.