the date to end all dates [part 1]

"You know, just for you, I'll take my 100 bucks in dollars

"You know, just for you, I'll take my 100 bucks in dollars." Benny grinned at Ethan, leaning against the locker.
Ethan sighed and put the rose in his locker. "The deal was that I had a year to ask Sarah out. I still have," He looked at his watch. "5 hours left."
Olivia scoffed. "Wow, it really has taken you ages to ask a girl out on a date."
"Yeah! Didn't take me long at all." Benny turned to Olivia and winked. "Then again, I am what women call 'irresistible."
Olivia laughed at Benny and lightly hit him. "Dream on."

"The council wants to meet with you now." Rory said to Ethan. "And this time, I've been authorised to use force."
"What force?" Ethan scoffed.
Rory lifted up the sleeves of his shirt. "These!" He tensed his muscles, earning unconvinced nods from the three. Rory turned around to look at the more threatening vampires stood behind him, growling. One bursted a rugby ball and the other blew them a not-so-friendly kiss. "And those." He grinned.
Benny nervously smiled at them, giving them a salute signal.

Ethan sighed and shut his locker. "Let's just get this over with. I'll ask Sarah out later."
"Yeah, sure you will." Benny teased. "Oh and on a completely unrelated note; I have preordered $100 worth of the world's self-chewing gum!" Benny called out as Ethan and Rory walked away.

The couple waited for about 10 seconds before looking at each-other and nodding. "To the Vampire Council we go!" Benny grinned, pointing forwards.

***

"Hey, that went well. I mean, you appear to be alive." Benny said to Ethan, who was harshly being dragged down the stairs by the two vampires who were with Rory earlier.
"Yeah, I've got all day to ask Sarah out." Ethan said, struggling.
"Yeah, this I gotta see." Rory said to Olivia.
"Get off!" Ethan ordered the vampires, who pushed him away from them once they were at the bottom floor.

"Erica told me you were here!" Sarah said, suddenly running in. Ethan was a little surprised to see her and now that the time had come, he was more nervous than ever. "Did they hurt you? Is everything okay?"
"Uh... yeah." Ethan replied, awkwardly looking around to the small audience behind him. "Can I... um... c-can we...e-er..." Ethan stuttered, putting his arm around Sarah and taking away from the crowd so it was slightly more private.
"I'd... I'd like to, er, ask you..." Ethan looked over her shoulder to Benny, who was urging him to carry on. "Maybe we could, uh," He was taking a lot of breaths between his words and Sarah raised an eyebrow.
"He's actually doing it." Benny whispered to Olivia and Rory.
"I know; it's adorable!" Olivia awed.
Benny nodded. "I changed my mind - this is definitely worth $100!"

"Sarah, would you like to go out for dinner with me tonight?" Ethan asked, nervously.
"What, like... a date?"
"No, uh, not like that-"
Rory, Benny and Olivia rapidly waved their arms around and shook their heads. "Yes!" Rory hissed.
"I mean... yeah! Exactly like that." Ethan said, subtly looking over at his friends. "On a date."
"Sure!" Sarah replied. "What the heck! It could be fun!" She smiled.
"See you tonight then?" Ethan asked, trying to hold in his excitement.
Sarah nodded before walking away. Ethan ran up to his friends and let his excitement out. "She said yes!" He jumped up and down.
"And I never doubted you - ever!" Benny pointed.
"Me neither! And I'm not lying like Benny!" Rory grinned.
"Yes, Ethan! I have to admit... I thought you'd never have the balls." Olivia chuckled.
"She said yes!" Ethan repeated this to himself so many times he passed out.