siren song

"Did she just tell those to guys to fight each-other?" Ethan asked Erica, as they watched the two jocks begin to push one another

"What?! Why won't people fight over me when I tell them to!" Erica whined. "I've gotta figure out that vampire mind control."
"You mean glamouring? Because I doubt-"
"Ethan, do my homework." Erica said, her eyes turning a bright yellow.
"Erica..."
"Yeah?"
"No!"
Erica frowned.
"Five, six, seven, eight, spin, pop-" Sarah said.
"No! Pop's not after spin, we spin again then we pop." Olivia cut her off.
"Then what? Side, bust?"
Olivia nodded. "Let's try again."
"What's happening here?" Ethan asked Erica, looking the two girls.
"Sarah made Olivia and I work on a dance routine for the talent show." Erica responded, pretending to stick her finger down her throat. "They're practicing for the try-outs, but I'm ditching them!" She grinned, before walking away.
"So, you gonna see me, Olivia and Erica dance up a storm?" Sarah asked Ethan, raising an eyebrow.
"No, I'm not really much for storms of the dancing variety."
Olivia looked at Sarah and laughed before the two made their way to the auditorium.

Sarah and Olivia were sat down, using a branch to share their earphones, practising their dance moves. The two were so distracted, they didn't realise that the girl performing was making everyone fight one another. They both stopped once the lights went out and Olivia took out one earphone. "What just happened?"
"The depths of my pain require more base." The girl said back.
"That's the first time a song has given me an ice cream headache." Vice Principal Stern said, rubbing his forehead. "You're in!"
Rory then came and sat beside Olivia, he looked as if he'd just been electrocuted. "Sorry the power went out, I just got the urge to bite something. Whatever it was tasted really sparky." He touched his tooth with his finger and jumped when he saw a small spark.
The two girls looked at each-other, completely perplexed. "Okay, something's not right."

***

"No, Rory, you don't have electricity stuck in your teeth." Sarah laughed.
"Phew." Rory sighed.
"So I come back for my apple run and all the auditions are over." Benny said, with gritted teeth, still holding his apples.
"The line for the nurses office is out the door." Ethan exclaimed. "What happened?"
"Serena sang a beautiful song." Rory answered, taking out his phone and handing it to Ethan so he could watch the video.
"Test, test," She then began to screech and the teenagers winced.
"That's not what I heard." Rory said, taking his phone back. "There must be something wrong with my phone."
"Good thing we had earphones in." Olivia said to Sarah, covering her ears.
"Or something wrong with Serena." Sarah corrected. Ethan nodded.

"First, the football team riots in the lounge and then the talent show try-out turns into the boss level of Mega Fight IIII." Ethan explains and the group walked down the school hallway.
"Quit with the video game references." Olivia rolled her eyes.
"I felt like I was in a trance but I forgot the song as soon as it was over." Rory chimed in.
"Maybe she's Justin Bieber." Ethan joked, earning a fist punch from Rory.
"Maybe she's a mermaid..." Benny said.
"The Bieber joke was funnier." Olivia said to her boyfriend.
"No, I'm serious. Mermaids can mess sign people's minds and hide their tails on land." Benny stated. "We just need to splash some water on her and see if she grows fins - it's easy!"
"Whatever, Olivia and I have practice to do, just call us whenever you need us to kick her butt, okay?" Sarah said, putting in her earphones.
"She doesn't have a butt! Mermaids don't have butts!" Benny laughed.
Sarah and Olivia looked at each-other before shaking their heads and walking away, only to find Erica staring at her locker.
"Did you punch that?" Sarah asked.
"I know you're really mad at me for ditching you two at the try-outs 'cause I thought our dance routine was lame and didn't want to do it-"
"What?!" Sarah and Olivia cut her off.
"But now, I am totally into it! Serena is going to see who has talent!"
"Wait, you ditched us?" Sarah repeated.
"Stop living in the past, Sarah. What matters now is that we've got moves to bust. Oh, yeah, buddy!" Erica said, punching the air and walking away. Sarah and Olivia sighed before following her.