「011」

0 1 1

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

══════↯══════

This medicine case that was in Yoonbyul's desk, it must be hers. I take a look at the information on the bottle; 'Seo Yoonbyul: Immunosuppressants'. This is definitely Yoonbyul's. I should go return it to her. I walk out of the empty classroom in search for Yoonbyul.

Isn't looking for Yoonbyul at a time like this awkward? I'll just return it to her when it's time to return to the dorms again. I wonder what immunosuppressants mean. I take out my phone to search up the definition for immunosuppressants. Let's see... An immunosuppressant is an agent that can suppress or prevent the immune response; used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.

This doesn't make sense. Yoonbyul has medicine meant for transplant patients? Does that mean that Yoonbyul has undergone surgery in the past? I really wouldn't have noticed. I met you just by seeing your face, but I don't know your story Yoonbyul. No wonder why she's very careful about people around her. Without anyone knowing, as if everything's fine. Maybe that's why she's afraid to become my friend.

I clutch onto Yoonbyul's medicine case and quickly made my way to my next class.

Y O O N B Y U L

Nothing makes sense to me anymore. I just continue to avoid Jungkook. I walk through the hallway to get to my next class. Of course, there was another barrier in my way. It was the school president, Go Haneul. I don't even think he does his position as the school president well. He probably got his position based on his family background. With money, you could basically do anything. I try to get past Go Haneul, but he stopped me.

"Aw, look at you. How's your left cheek doing? Peasant~" Haneul snickered as he laughed with his group of friends.

I roll my eyes and continued on my way, but he stopped me in my tracks again. 

"You think you can get passed me? Seo Yoonbyul, just look at yourself, your looks aren't even following the trends." Haneul snickered once more.

I held in my anger. Does that make sense? I should be pouring out my rage, but if I do, I'll just be more involved with these rich bastards. I tried to walk past him to get to my next classroom, but of course he just decided to block me once more.

"Just by looking at you, everyone knows you're weak. What an outcast," Haneul gave a sinister smile.

"You're the outcast. Your look makes my breath explode."

"Excuse me? How dare you call me an outcast. Do you know who my father is? He's the chairman of a very large company. You shouldn't be messing with me," Haneul said.

"So? That only means your father is successful. It doesn't mean you are too."

I smile before finding my chance to make it to my next class. My physical strength may be weak, but my words are strong. 

━━━━━━━━━

I sat in class still thinking about my relationship with Jungkook. I think it is better that we're not friends. If we are, those girls from yesterday will just bug me about it anyways. I don't need people to bully me. I don't even give a damn even if they do. And that Go Haneul guy, he's been giving me a bad impression of him ever since he hit me in the face with that dodgeball. Now it's safe to say it was on purpose that he hit me in the face.

Society is such a cruel thing in this world. Do you think that makes sense? That everyone in this world is judged by the way they are within a society. It's bullshit. That's what society is.

I arrive at my next class. I totally forgot Jungkook's in this class too. And after what Go Haneul said to me in front of all of those people, I feel worse than before. I stole a glance of Jungkook who was staring outside the window. He's a really nice person and I know that. I still think it's better that we're not friends. Suddenly my heart starts clenching. Why does my heart only hurt when I say I shouldn't be friends with Jungkook? Hanbyul, are you trying to tell me something? Explain it, explain it, explain it Hanbyul. What are you trying to tell me?

I remember you telling me, just before your hand slipped out of mine that I should go find the most beautiful moment in life and that I should be free and fly like a butterfly, but am I not fulfilling my life the way you wanted? Your hand that held me and your finger that held me, and that white finger when I noticed your body grow pale. You told me those exact words when that happened. When I thought I was going to be friends with Jungkook, I thought it was one part of the most beautiful moment in life, since I haven't made a friend in so long. But now that you keep piercing my chest, I guess I wasn't doing the right thing. You really want me to be friends with Jungkook? Does that make sense?

━━━━━━━━━

Class finally ended. It's the beginning of the weekend. Every weekend at this school, we get a break from classes. It's actually my favourite time of the week, not because it's a break from classes, but it's because all of those rich cocky kids go hangout outside of the school. I always stay within the school because I felt safer that way and I didn't want to be more involved with the outside world.

My heart still hurts since the class ended. I feel a sense of fatigue and my head is suddenly getting hot. The symptoms from my heart transplant are starting again. Tiredness and a fever at the same. Are you kidding me? I take out my key card to open the door to my dorm. I need my medicine, I'll take it in here. I only have one medicine case at the moment since I need to go pick up more sometime next week. I reach for my back pocket where I had put my only medicine case in this morning, but it wasn't there.