Poe Dameron

I was running around the Resistance Bay, running errands for General Leia since she was busy planning the next strike against the First Order.

I was in my traditional Jedi robes and was getting strange looks from some of the newer pilots getting back from their early morning routine flights.

The next thing on my check list was to welcome the next newest pilot by the name of Poe Dameron.

Leia said to meet him back inside the command center. I headed there swiftly, my brown-hooded cape billowing in the wind.

People whispered my name as I walked past, but I was used to it. Not to brag, but I had become a bit of a legend around the base: the last Jedi knight of Master Skywalker and staying with The Resistance.

When new resistance members got assigned here, they probably already knew about me.

I often did not wear my Jedi robes for obvious reasons—such as getting strange looks from, well, everybody.

I also avoid wearing them because I think it reminds Leia and Han of Luke too much.

But my normal mechanic's uniform happened to be in the wash for who knows how long because of an accident involving jet grease.

I knew this was dangerous. Jedi robes hardly blend into a crowd of pilots and the First Order is still obsessed with finding the last of the Jedi.

As I walked towards the command center, I heard loads of laughter coming from inside. I opened the door to see a bunch of pilots on their lunch break around a man whom I'd never seen before.

"You must be Poe," I said, announcing my presence.

"Master L/n," they stood up respectively. Poe followed their lead.

"I have not become a master," I explained for the ten-thousandth time. "I haven't yet trained an apprentice. Please, continue on with your conversation. I just need to speak to Poe Dameron outside."

Poe looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Am I in trouble?" he questioned.

"People only ask that question when they know they've did something wrong. You're not in trouble," I raised an eyebrow, "not that I know of. General Leia asked me to give you a tour as well as tell you some regulations about maintaining your X-Wing, routine flights, ship inspections, etcetera," I counted off my fingers.

We started walking towards the launch bay.

Poe looked a bit awkward around me.

"Y'know, I'm just like any other person of the Resistance, but have had Jedi training. You don't have to be nervous around me, Dameron."

Poe seemed to loosen up a bit but he still looked uneasy.

I took Poe through all the hangers where some the ships were parked. He had the look of a child in a candy store. He kept mumbling the names of the fighters under his breath. It was quite impressive how he knew every model and how fast it could fly.

I then took Poe to be fitted for his iconic orange uniform and helmet.

Poe nearly bounded up and down with excitement when I told him we were getting his uniform.

"Has this topic always been this exciting for you?" I asked.

"Ever since I was little I wanted to be a pilot. My parents were part of the Resistance. My mother taught me to fly an X-Wing when I was six." Poe said with the biggest grin on his face.

"Has being a Jedi always been a dream of yours?" he asked.

"Well, not exactly. My parents thought it was best for me to start training young. They were poor so not having me for half of the year allowed them to have more money."

I decided to leave out the part of me finding them dead in my house.

Poe came out of the changing room in a bright orange jumpsuit. "How do I look?" he asked with a smirk.

I happened to be holding his matching helmet so I put it on him. "Now it's complete. Go look in the mirror," I told him.

Poe walked over and stood in front of a dirtied mirror

Poe walked over and stood in front of a dirtied mirror. "Oh wow," he started.

"What?" I asked.

"I look just like my father," he laughed.

"Is that good?"

"Well, he was pretty handsome if I do say so myself. I think that's where I get it from," Poe said, playing with his helmet mic.

I started laughing. A real laugh that I hadn't heard in years.

"What? I thought Jedi weren't supposed to laugh," Poe asked.

"They aren't," I said though laughter. "Now I know why those guys were laughing so loudly. You're a funny guy."

"I'll add that to list of accomplishments: making a Jedi laugh." He then imitated a Jedi with a stiff pose and a fake angry face.

"Stop, stop," I was still grinning. "I'm not supposed to laugh."

"Alright, I'll just be like you then."

Poe got down and stood on his knees because I was rather short compared to him, took a piece of my brown robe and put it over his head like a hood.

"I am a Jedi. I do not laugh. Or show emotion. Or ever have to go to the bathroom," Poe droned which just made me chuckle even more.

Other pilots were gathering to watch "The Poe Show." Some were gathering in confusion just because I was laughing.

Once Poe made a few more jokes and had his fun, the crowd of pilots started to dissipate.

Though, one of the pilots Poe was previously talking to came over.
"Earlier Poe told me he wanted to know if you were single," he said in some kind of Scottish accent.

I raised my eyebrows.