Surprise

Poe's POV

I landed my X-wing and threw my helmet aside. I pulled off my tattered gloves and stuffed them in my pockets as I started running. I burst through the doors of the med bay and found Y/n.

Y/n's POV

There stood Poe, still wearing his full orange flight suit, helmet in hand, covered in grease and oil, and just in time. He rushed to my bedside and grabbed my hand.

"It's about time," I said. "You almost missed—" but I was cut off by another contraction.

"Okay, I think you're ready to begin pushing," said the nurse.

Poe began removing his dirty pilot uniform after a very angry nurse made him wash his hands.

After a lot of counting, reassuring, and pushing, the first baby arrived. She immediately began crying, but at least that showed she was healthy.

"It's a girl!" the nurse exclaimed. She began to swaddle her in a pink blanket.

The nurse handed her to Poe.
"I-I'm a dad," he whispered, tears gently falling down his face. "What shall we name her?" he asked eagerly.

"Ahsoka Rose Dameron," I said. The nurse wrote it down on a little bracelet and slipped it on her. Poe leaned down with Ahsoka in his arms so I could see her.

"She's beautiful," I said. Ahsoka wrapped her tiny fingers around Poe's thumb. Poe looked down at Ahsoka so lovingly I wanted to cry.

But I didn't have time. I felt another contraction. Baby number two was on their way. Poe looked confused.

"Alright, Y/n," the nurse said and took Ahsoka from Poe. She laid her in crib where other nurses began tending to her.

"Ready for round two?" she asked me.

"Round t-two?" Poe asked in shock.

"Surprise," I hummed quietly.

"Twins," he realized. "I'm a dad to twins . . . Love this is-is-wonderful," he stammered. He looked like he was ready to fall over.

"Poe," I beckoned him softly. I grabbed his hand as another contraction came over me, crushing his fingers.

Poe kissed my forehead in reassurance.

"Okay, let's do this again," he said.

Baby number two arrived a bit more smoothly, twelve minutes later.

"It's a boy!" The nurse exclaimed. She swaddled him in a green blanket and handed him to me. "Congratulations."

"Hello, Luke," I said. "What should his middle name be?" I asked Poe.

"Han," he said. Poe looked at me with a sadness in his eyes. For once in our relationship I used the force to read his mind.

"Han is—" I started.

"Yes," Poe said.

"Well hello, Luke Han Dameron," I said through my tears of joy for my children, but saddened for Han.

The nurse gave Luke a bracelet. He opened his tiny eyes. Poe leaned over me and kissed Luke's head.

"He has your eyes," I said. The nurse handed Ahsoka to Poe.

"And she had your eyes," Poe said as Ahsoka grabbed Poe's thumb once more.

Luke looked all around with his brown eyes and spotted his sister. He reached for her tiny hand holding Poe's thumb. Ahsoka let go of Poe's thumb and touched her brother's outstretched hand.

"I hope they don't fight when they're older," I said.

"I hope so too," Poe laughed.

Both our beautiful babies went back to sleep. Poe and I eventually switched children so I was holding Ahsoka and he got to hold Luke.

~~~

"Are you ready for some visitors?" the nurse asked after a couple hours rest.

Poe and I nodded gently.

Rey and Leia came in. Rey had brought a small bouquet of flowers in a jar that appeared she had picked and assembled, setting them on the nightstand.

"Hi," she said quietly when she saw the sleeping babies. "Everything go okay?" Rey asked.

"It went pretty well," I said. "If you take out Poe almost being late for the delivery."

"Duty calls," he laughed quietly.

"May I?" Leia asked. Poe handed her Luke.

"This is Luke Han Dameron," Poe said.

"So, you know?" Leia asked.

"Yes, I'm very, very sorry . . . But, you're a grandmother," I said with a tear. "And Rey is the godmother."

Rey's face lit up. "Really?"

"If anything ever happens to us," I started. "Would you be willing to look after them?"

"I consider it an honor," she said. I handed her Ahsoka. "Where's Finn?" I asked.

"Recovering," Rey said. "Got slashed down the back with a saber."

"He's the godfather," I said.

"He'll be very surprised," Rey laughed.

Chewbacca lumbered in the room.

"And there's great uncle chewy," I laughed quietly.