The Wedding

Today was the big day. It had been about six months since the twins were born and Poe and I had finally finished planning the wedding amidst the chaos of two newborns.

Leia was watching Ahsoka and Luke for the time being.

Finn was waiting for Rey and Chewy—mostly Rey—to get back from their mission of finding Master Skywalker.

Poe was off doing who knows what with his friends before the wedding.

I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. Yes, Y/n, the last Jedi trained under Luke freaking Skywalker, was nervous about her own wedding.

Some of the ladies that I'd gotten to know as pretty good friends from the base were helping me into my dress.

It was a beautiful white fishtail dress with a lace belt and trim. I had a white flower clip with a sequin middle pinned into my hair. My friends were babbling about my dress and doing makeup. They were probably more fussy than I was.

A knock came at the door.
"Can I see my wife to be?" Poe asked from behind the door.

"Nope!" my friend Sianna joked. "It's bad luck! You'll just have to wait until tonight!"

Poe groaned obnoxiously.

"Love you, darling!" I called as I heard him walk away.

*Le timp skip brought to you by Poe rolling down a hill and getting tangled in his own jumpsuit*

The chairs and the wedding arch were decorated with orange lilies. The center aisle was a long white carpet flanked my many chairs. I peered out of the curtain which I stood behind at the end of the aisle.

Basically, the whole entire Resistance was here. How could I not be nervous?

Poe took his place at the front puffing out his chest with excitement, beaming as he looked around the crowd. He waved to a couple of guys excitedly.

Leia and Rey each held a twin on their lap. Finn sat next to Rey who was holding Luke on her lap. Luke reached up to touch Finn's nose. He was at the age where grabbing everything was hilarious.

I snuck back behind the curtain. R4 and BB-8 were there with me. BB-8 had on a bow tie and a basket of flower petals. R4 also had bow tie and a pillow with our rings on it. They beeped and whistled in excitement.

I laughed. "Me too."

The music started up and the two droids started down the aisle. The crowd's murmurs died down.

I clutched my bouquet of red roses and stepped out of the curtain.

Poe smiled at me gently from the end of the aisle and I couldn't help but I smiled back. Poe's brown eyes locked with my mine as I took my place next to him. They were glossy with tears of joy threatening to fall.

The minister began to speak about love and family but all I could really hear was Luke and Ahsoka's giggling. Poe and I quietly laughed along with them.

Then it was time for our wedding vows.

Poe began. "I, Poe Dameron, take the love of my life, Y/n L/n, to be my wife. You are my everything and now we have two beautiful children. I know we will laugh together and we will cry together. And I hope that neither of us will die anytime soon, because, well we have pretty dangerous jobs." The crowd laughed. "I love you and I look forward to many years to come," Poe said and slipped the ring on my finger.

"Wow, that was beautiful. I don't know how I'm going to top that," I said wiping a tear, earning a few laughs. "I, Y/n L/n, take Poe Dameron to be my husband. I know I will love you to today, tomorrow, and forever. I'm giving you my hand to be my partner in life: my one true love. As I have given you my hand to hold and my life to keep." I slipped the silver band on his finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride," the minister announced.

Our lips connected as Poe took the opportunity to dip me. I smiled beneath his kiss.

The crowd cheered as we walked back down the aisle, our hands clasped in the air triumphantly.

Leia and Rey made their way to the back where Poe and I stood grinning at each other. Leia handed me Luke and Poe took Ahsoka.

"How were they?" I asked.

"They were perfect little angels," Leia said.

"They must get it from me," said Poe, bouncing Ahsoka on his hip. She giggled and grabbed Poe's nose.

"How'd the trip go?" I asked Rey.

"Good. It was very long though. Hyperspace only gets you so far. And the Falcon's GPS is all out of whack," she laughed. "Chewy kept me company. Which actually reminds me . . . You have a special guest here."

"Really?" I asked, hoisting Luke up on my hip.

"He's just behind the curtain," said Leia. Rey had a huge knowing smile on her face.

"Alright, I'll go see them," I said, suspicious. "C'mon, Poe."

As we walked we reached the curtains I had stepped out of moments before. We entered to see a hooded man standing there.

"Hello? Sir, are you here to see me?" I asked. The man turned around.

I held my little boy close to my chest.

"Master?" I realized.