Fixing Broken Hearts

Y/n's POV

I woke up, got dressed in my robes, and walked out the door swiftly. I was still waiting for my mechanic's uniform to get out of the laundry. I decided to leave my heavy brown robe behind today as it was rather sunny.

Seconds after I had stepped out of my room I heard a heavy running.

"Morning!" Poe bounded up behind me and threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Poe, it's too early for this," I said. "I haven't had my cup of the force yet."

Poe stopped in his tracks and turned to me. "Wait. That's a thing?" he asked.

"No. I was joking," I said pushing his arm off of me.

"I thought a Jedi isn't allowed to joke. Or love," he said, batting his eyes.

"There can be exceptions. Seeing that I'm the only Jedi here."

"Exceptions, you say..?"

Oh, great. He's going to do something stupid, I thought.

~~~

Poe smirked at me across the table all through breakfast. I knew he was up to something.

Again, we sat and ate by ourselves. No one dared come near us. Breakfast was basically a staring contest between Poe and I over blue milk and cereal.

I went to the command center as usual and Leia gave me my to-do list for the day. Not too much: welcome a couple new pilots, do routine inspections, check pilots' X-Wings for damage.
Simple enough.

But guess who flew an X-Wing and told Leia he desperately needed a tuneup . . .

I found Poe in his orange jumpsuit on a rolling cart, banging around underneath his X-Wing.

"Everything in order?" I asked rather loudly on purpose.

"Wha- Ow!" Poe had tried to sit up underneath the ship. He slid out from underneath it and dropped his wrench rather loudly.

"Actually, no," he said smirking.

Here we go . . .

"What do you need?" I asked nonchalantly.

"One of the firing buttons is loose to the point where the aim is off."

"Screw driver," I said holding out my hand. I climbed into the cockpit and yelled down to Poe. "Which side?" I asked.

"Right," he called up. I went to work on adjusting the toggle.

"I didn't know you were a mechanic," Poe called up.

He definitely knew I was a mechanic. That's why put in the request to Leia.

"Yeah, well—" I began.

Banging came from the hood. I peered through the windshield to see Poe trying to climb onto the hood of the X-Wing and was somehow succeeding.

"Y/n . . ." He grunted, pulling himself towards the cockpit.

I ignored him.

"Oh, Y/n?" Poe sang.

I continued to ignore him.

Poe stared breathing on the window and fogging it up.

"You gonna wash that off?" I asked, still not looking up.

"Yeah, sure," Poe said and continued breathing on the windshield.

I finally finished fixing the button and sat up to see Poe on the hood of the X-Wing writing something in the fog he'd created. He wrote backwards so I could see it forwards on the inside.

Date?