The First Order

Poe's POV

Today I was going to fly to Jakku and meet up with Lor San Tekka. I was reluctant to leave Y/n. She was about three months pregnant and I wanted to protect her at all costs.

Under the cover of night, I kissed her and her small baby bump goodbye and got into my X-wing.

"You be careful," she said.

"For you, I always am." I winked at her as I started the engine and flew off into the night.

I arrived at the tan colored planet of Jakku. It was completely covered in sand. Mostly scavengers lives here, Lor San Tekka had said.

I parked my X-wing next to his small hut. Tekka came and met me as I stepped out of the ship.

"Poe Dameron, you're here." I shook his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine," I said.

"Please, come inside. Sit down, Captain Dameron. We have a lot to discuss."

Y/n's POV

Leia told me take it easy and just help out around the med center: help do health exams, tend to a lesser wounded pilots. There really wasn't much for me to do. I just hoped Poe would make it back here okay. That man constantly worried me.

Poe's POV

"Without the Jedi there is no balance to the force," Tekka said.

"Well, thanks to this, we've got a chance," I said with the map in my hand.

Just then, BB-8 burst through the dry bamboo curtains and made sounds of warning.

"We've got company," I said. "You have to hide."

"You have to leave," Tekka said.

Ships were flying in, releasing stormtroopers by the dozens.

I ran back to my X-wing and peered around the side of it. It was the First Order.

Just as I was about to hop in and take off, someone shot my engine. I jumped away, fumbling in my pockets.

"You take this," I said and gave the map to BB-8. "It's safer with you than it is with me." He clicked in worry. "Get as far away from here as you can. I'll come back for you. You will be alright!"

I grabbed my blaster and began shooting at stormtroopers. They were holding villagers hostage. Two stormtroopers brought Lor San Tekka over to a man in black robes. They talked, thought I couldn't hear then. Then the hooded man slashed Tekka with a red lightsaber.

Now I was angry.

I shot at the dark-hooded man. As if by magic he stopped my plasma bullet in midair. Then my body became rigid and couldn't move.

The bolt from my blaster remained frozen, suspended above the sand. It looked like horizontal lightening floating a few feet above the ground.

The person in a black cloak came over to me. Stormtroopers grabbed my shoulders and brought me to the ground.

I assumed the stranger was staring at me but I couldn't tell through the mask.

"So

"So . . . What happens? I talk first? You talk first?" I said sarcastically.

"The old man gave it to you?" he questioned.

"I'm sorry it's just very hard to understand you with the whole—" I gestured to my face, poking fun at his mask.

"Search him," the stranger ordered.

The stormtroopers pulled me to my feet.

"apparatus," I finished half-heartedly.

They patted me down and searched my pockets.

"Nothing, sir," the stormtrooper said.

"Put him on board," the man said.

As I was dragged off into the First Order ship, I turned and looked at my destroyed X-Wing.

How am I going to get to Y/n now?