I Love You, Mrs. Dameron

I began to cry. But it was more tears of joy than sadness.

Poe looked up from his work. "Y/n!"

I ran to hug him as Poe met me halfway. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me deeply.

"I thought you were dead," I sobbed quietly, not daring to leave his grasp.

"Y/n, I'm fine, see?" Poe said, tilting my chin up. "I was worried about you! Are you and the little one okay? Did you break anything? Are you hurt?" Poe said, looking me all over.

"We're fine," I said, putting a hand on my stomach.

I knew I had to tell Poe about the twins. But maybe I could just keep this one a surprise . . .

"I came after you on Jakku," I said. "My ship was shot down by TIEs, I nearly died a few times. Then Han took us to Maz's where we were attacked and a stormtrooper blasted my shoulder . . ." I paused and took a deep breath. "But now I have you so, I think I'm going to be alright. I love you, Poe. So, so much."

"I love you more," he said and kissed me deeply once more. "Love, you need to get to the med center. You don't look so good . . ."

"No, I'm not leaving your side. Not again." I stumbled into Poe, then everything went black.

Poe's POV
"Y/n!" I caught her before she hit the ground. I picked her up bridal style and rushed to the med center.

The doctor examined her. They said she had excessive blood loss. But thankfully, it was nothing a little rest and a few stitches couldn't fix.

I sat there at her bedside waiting. I held her hand and talked. I talked about anything and everything: what I did after I made my way back to base, baby names, everything I loved and adored about Y/n, I told her as she laid unconscious. I knew she probably couldn't hear me. I didn't care.

~~~

After what seemed like an eternity, I felt a small squeeze on my hand. I looked to see Y/n was awake. Her eyelids were half closed, her shoulder was bandaged, her stomach swollen. She looked like she'd been through hell! Nevertheless, she was beautiful.

"Hey," she said quietly.

"Hey . . . You doing ok?" I asked.

"I've been better," she said. "He or she seems to be awake though." Y/n put a hand over her stomach. I put my hand over top of hers. I felt the tiniest nudge under my hand.

"They like you," she said.

"They?" I asked.

"Well, he or she isn't an it, now are they?" Y/n said softly. "He or she is a they."

"Right, right," I said. "You still look beautiful as ever though."

"Poe," she said quietly. "I'm scared. I'm six months pregnant, in just a few months or so you and I will be in the delivery room . . ."

"Love, you have no need to be scared. You'll be fine. We'll all be as soon as this First Order thing is sorted out. We'll be able to be a family. A real, proper family."
Tears of happiness began to prick the corner of my eyes. "I never thought I'd get such a beautiful wife."

"Poe, we're not married yet," Y/n reminded me gently.

"I can fix that," I said. I got down on one knee at the edge of her bed. I fumbled in the pockets of my uniform and pulled out a small box.

"I was waiting for our Valentine's Day date, but then I got that mission to see Tekka, then you went missing and . . . I want to be married with you, Y/n," I said. "So, will you marry me?"

"Poe, yes, of course I will!" she said through tears.

I pulled the ring from the box and slipped it onto her finger. Then I leaned in a captured her lips sweetly, leaving a final kiss on her belly.

"I love you, Poe Dameron," she said softly, running her fingers though my hair.

"I love you . . . Mrs. Dameron."