It Can't Be...

I began slashing stormtroopers left and right.

We fought the First Order through the piles of rubble as TIEs blew up more and more of the building.

"You okay, kid?" Han yelled before blasting a stormtrooper.

"Fine!" I yelled and slashed another that came after me.

The stormtroopers must've learned that fighting at close-quartered combat wasn't the best choice with me.

They began shooting in my general direction and I deflected the blasts with my saber.

"We have to get out of here!" Finn said. "I need a weapon!"

"You have one!" Maz yelled.

Finn had a cylinder of metal in his hands. He activated it. It was a lightsaber. But not just any one; it was Luke's.

"Finn!" I gasped. "Where did you get that?" In that split second that I let my guard down, a blast from a stormtrooper hit my shoulder.

"Kid!" Han yelled. He immediately shot the stormtrooper that shot me.

I gripped my shoulder with one hand and my saber with the other. Finn began slashing stormtroopers that came our way as Han knelt down with me.

"I'm fine," I said.

"You sure you can stand?" Han asked.

"I'm good, really," I said. "I'm just glad it wasn't anything lower."

Suddenly, the TIEs began crashing into each other.

I looked up and across the horizon I could see dozens of X-wings racing for the shoreline. They took out TIEs and stormtroopers left and right. One of the pilots was noticeably better than the others. This X-wing took out every TIE in its path. It was amazing!

"That's one hell of a pilot!" yelled Finn.

The stormtroopers began retreating. Odd, they never did that.

Unless . . . I looked to a black hooded figure carrying something, rather someone. It was Rey. They had gotten what they wanted. Before I could get up and run to her, the hooded figure stepped onto the ship and it took off.

"REY!" Finn yelled.

"Finn, c'mon," I urged him, though I was worried for Rey just as much as he was. I pullled him towards one of the Resistance ships, ready to take us to base.

"C'mon, let's go to the base," I said, putting a bit of Jedi mind persuasion.

Finn sighed. "Yeah, let's go to the base."

Before we stepped on the ship BB-8 came rolling towards us.

"Oh, thank heaven the First Order didn't get you!" I said hugging the small droid.

"Thank heaven the First Order didn't get you," said a familiar voice behind me.

"Leia," I started quietly. She hugged me.

"Ouch, oh ow, ow, ow," I said through gritted teeth. She pulled away. "Took a blaster shot to the shoulder, I'll be fine."

Leia pulled the brown robe from my shoulder. My white tunic underneath was stained with blood.

"I need med team now!" she yelled.

"This isn't necessary," I said. "They should be tending to other pilots."

"Y/n, do you see how much blood you've lost?" Leia asked sternly.

The med team began to pull me onto the ship. Finn and BB-8 followed in after.

The staff quickly bandaged me up and went to work on some others. I laid down on a cot built into the wall just breathing.

Finn sat next to me. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm getting there," I said.

"And the babies?"

"They seem okay," I said. "Oh! They're definitely okay. They just began kicking."

"That's good," Finn said quietly.

"Finn, what's wrong?" I asked. "I know that look."

"It's just that . . . I'm worried. Really worried for Rey, and for you, your kids. There's just a lot going on," he said quietly.

"I feel exactly as you do . . . Finn?"

"Yeah?"

"May I see the saber?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, sure," he said and unclipped it from his belt.

I took it in my hands. "This saber . . . I-it was my master's. Luke's lightsaber. Where did you get it?"

"Maz gave it to me," he said.

"But that's impossible," I whispered.

The ship landed. Finn helped me up and out.

I was nearing the last half of my pregnancy so it was getting noticeably more difficult to stand. My jedi tunic barely fit me.

As I stepped out into the sunlight I realized it was good to be back.

X-wing pilots raced around. I grabbed my clipboard and immeadiatly got back helping the mechanics know which ships needed repairing.

Then I spotted BB-8 flooring it towards something . . . Rather, someone. I followed him as fast as I could with my belly where BB-8 stopped at an X-wing.

He poked a pilot's leg, who happened to be under his X-wing, tinkering.
"What is it?" the man called from under the X-wing.

That voice . . . It was so eerily familiar it sent chills down my spine. But, it can't be . . .

The man slid out from under his ship and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Poe?" I whispered.