Baby Dameron

Y/n's POV

Poe was quiet for what felt like an eternity until he almost screamed of excitement, "I'm going to be a dad!" he squealed while pulling me up in a close embrace.

To say I was shocked was an understatement, but boy was he taking it well.

Poe started kissing all over my face: my forehead, nose, cheeks, jaw and then finally my lips. I was grinning like an idiot, holding his hands while we both hadn't realised that BB-8 had rolled out of his charging port and peeked around the corner to see what all the fuss was about.

"You're not angry?" I asked.

"Angry?" Poe laughed, picking me up and hugging me warmly. "The love of my life is pregnant! I couldn't be happier." Poe kissed me gently and I felt him smiling against my lips.

"Should we tell the others?" I asked.

"I would if you want to," Poe said. "I don't care either way. I'm going to be a father! And you're going to be a mother! And we'll have a family!" He set me down gently, peering at my stomach. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too, with all my heart," I whispered in his ear.

"Shall we tell the pilots?" Poe asked.

"Why not?" I decided. "I'm going to show a baby bump sooner or later."

~~~

We went to the cafeteria to where the other pilots were having lunch.

I followed Poe's lead. He always had some extravagant plan. He got up on a chair and pulled me up onto another.

"Can I have your attention please?" he yelled over the chattering pilots. They shut up quickly.

"We have some news!" announced Poe.

The guys clapped and laughed and yelled various "go Dameron!"

"Thank you, thank you. As a couple . . . We normally don't share news but this will affect the whole base . . ." Poe paused.
"Y/n and I . . . Are having a baby."

The cafeteria broke out into cheers of congratulations.

I smiled and stepped off the chair. Poe stepped down and pulled me into a kiss. The pilots went nuts. This was about as much drama as they saw.

As lunch ended, a bunch of female pilots came to talk to me.

"Congrats, Y/n." one said.

"Thanks," I said. "I'm a bit nervous about the whole carrying a baby and still working thing."

"You'll be fine," said another. "We've got a great med team here. I should know. I work there," she laughed.

We shared a few laughs and headed our separate ways.

I looked over at the group of guys surrounding Poe. They seemed excited for their friend.

"When are you gonna pop the big question?" I overheard one pilot.

Straining my ears, I heard Poe respond: "Soon, soon. I just . . . don't know how. I want it to be special."

Something still pulled at the back of my mind. If Poe did find Master Luke . . . What would he say?