Where's Poe?

"You? A Jedi?" the man asked. He began to laugh.

As he stood up I put my saber closer to his neck.

"That's cool," he squeaked in fear. "Yeah, you're probably a great Jedi!" he said hurriedly.

"That jacket," I started. "Where did you get it, thief?" I spat.

He let out a long, sad sight. "It belonged to Poe Dameron. That was his name, right?"

I lowered my saber in awe.

The man continued: "He was captured by the First Order. I helped him escape. Our ship crashed." He stopped and looked at Rey and I. "I pulled this jacket from the TIE we stole. But . . . Poe didn't make it."

I tried to keep a stone face. But I began to cry. I deactivated my lightsaber and slung it back onto my belt. I could only cry into Rey's shoulder as she put her arms around me.

"I tried to help," the man said. "I really did. I'm sorry."
"What was Poe to you?" he asked me quietly as he stood up.

"My hus-" I stopped. "We weren't even married," I said quietly.

"She's well erm, pregnant," Rey said, rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry," he said, "that I can't do more. Would you like his jacket back?" The man offered and began to take it off.

"No, please you keep it," I said. "I can see in your mind you tried to help. I just need to sit down for a little bit."

I lowered myself down on a nearby bench. My body was still sore.

BB-8 and R4 came over chirping sadly.

"I can imagine what you're going through," Rey took a seat next to me. "My family left me here when I was young. I've been waiting for them to come back," Rey said quietly. "But I was little so I don't remember them. This must be worse," she said. "I'm not the most cheery person, sorry," she said with a slight smile that immediately slid off her face.

"I'll be okay. We'll all be," I said, rubbing my hand across my belly. "Eventually."

I looked out across the barren desert, watching heat lines rise across the sand.

For a moment amidst the awful news and the chaos, I felt at peace. 

Then,

zooooOOOMM...BANG!

I knew that sound anywhere. TIEs. They'd found me.