Baby Names

Y/n's POV
It had been a little over a month since my reunion with Poe. The doctor finally allowed me to get out of bed and walk around after the first week of being bedridden.

It was really difficult to maneuver around small med room I was in with my ever growing belly.

Poe was there, always worrying about me, asking if I needed anything. I felt bad that I still hadn't told him about the twins.

Well, he'll find out in a month or so, or even sooner if the twins decided to come early.

Today, I was discharged to go back and rest in our living quarters instead of the hospital room.

We lay on our shared bed like we did every missionless night. Nowadays, I had to wait for him to be finished working before getting to see him. I missed being able to work. Being pregnant made force-healing a whole lot more difficult.

In the dim light of our room, Poe had his hand over my belly, rubbing it gently. I sat snuggled into his side.

"A month more, Poe," I thought aloud but quietly.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Not in the least bit," I said with a small smile.

"You'll be fine, the baby will be fine, and I'll be a proud dad," he said, kissing my head. "And you'll be a proud mom," Poe added.

"You're right," I agreed begrudgingly.

"Aren't I always?" Poe laughed.

"Don't push it," I joked. I fiddled with the engagement ring on my finger. I hadn't taken it off since the day we had gotten engaged. "We will be married soon. Really, properly, married," I said.

"Yeah," Poe said. "We've got a lot of big events coming up. It's all a lot to take in," he said.

The babies began kicking.

Poe stopped his rubbing, letting his hand rest to feel their kicks. He put his ear to my stomach. "Hey, hey, hey," he said. "You be nice to your mother, you hear?"

"I can't believe that I'm saying this," I started. "But I think that actually worked."

Poe smiled at my belly with loving excitement. I loved his smile. He began rubbing my bump once more.

"So," he started. "What shall we name him?"

"Or her," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Right, or her," Poe said quickly.

"I like Luke, after Master Skywalker," I said. "But if the baby is a girl, Ahsoka, after another great Jedi."

Poe smiled and kissed my cheek. "I'm fine with either," he said. "As long as the baby is healthy, I'm fine with anything."