Poe Has a Crush

Poe slapped the pilot on the shoulder.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

Poe's face grew red.

The other pilot went on. "C'mon, Y/n. All these guy pilots here and you're not dating a single one?"

I put my hands on my hips chidingly shook my head no.

"Well then Poe, it looks like you're in luck." He gave Poe one last clap on the back and walked away.

Poe stood dumbstruck, mouth open

"I think now would be a good time to show you to your room," I said, trying to change the topic.

Poe didn't say a word as we marched up to his room. His belongings had already been dropped off so I gave him his key and let him get settled.

I couldn't help but wonder if the other pilot was serious about Poe wanting to ask me out. They were always joking about that kind of stuff.

Finished with my tasks for the day, I decided to go to the market on a nearby system.

The planet's people were kind enough towards outsiders but the market could get very busy at times.

I often enjoyed going to the market just for goods, but today, I was looking for an apprentice. If I could succeed in training one into a Jedi knight, I would move up into the title Jedi Master.

Jedi Master Y/n L/n.
It has a nice ring to it.

~~~

I didn't find a Padawan. Many children were in school at the time so there weren't too many available.

As usual, I got many strange looks from the saber on my belt even though I wasn't in my robes. People tended to stare and steer clear as if I were going to attack them. I just hope that I didn't run into any First Order spies looking for me.

I returned to the Resistance base to find the pilots lining up, waiting for dinner to be served.

I spotted Poe and a group of his friends chatting rather loudly about something, or someone. They kept nudging Poe's shoulder and laughing while all he could do was laugh along with them. They were making fun of him for . . . something.

Poe them locked eyes with me and his friends stopped laughing. I gave them my classic death stare. The dinner line became deadly quiet.

Poe mouthed "thank you" as he was served and went to sit down. I followed after him.

I had never seen Poe so quiet. He simply stared at his food and ate rather quickly, not daring to make eye contact with me.

"Poe what's wrong?" I finally said. "This isn't like the joking guy I met earlier."

He glanced up at me then continued eating.

"Now, tell me, why were those guys teasing you?"

Poe sighed. "I really can't tell you," he said quietly.

"Why not? Is it really that bad?" I asked.
"Well . . . I have a thing for someone," Poe said, barely even audible.

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," I reassured him.

Poe sat up a bit more. "Really?"

"Isn't 'having a thing for someone' a part of life?" I said.

"Yeah. I guess you're right," he said a bit louder and more confidently.

"There's that Poe I know," I said. "Are you going to tell who that person is?"

"I don't know if she'll feel the same," Poe said quietly once more.

"Oh so it's a she?" I questioned.

"Of course it's a she!" Poe said, somewhat offended.

"Well, I couldn't possibly know," I laughed.

Another Pilot's POV
"Look at my little Poe all grown up and flirting."

"Whaddaya mean 'all grown up'? You just met him today!" someone commented.

"I taught Poe everything he knows," I said proudly.

"You mean how to flirt?"

I nodded.

"Well, I think he already had that down, mate. A for effort, then."