Chapter II: Safe and Sound

Marinette's POV

"Hello Princess." Chat said as he sat on the window still like a damn alley cat

"Chat Noir?! What are you doing here?" I said in shock. I wasn't expecting him to come here after our fight with the akuma. Unless he quickly recharged his miraculous.

"I wanted to pass by to make sure you were safe. I was worried about you Mari." Chat said as his tail swung back and forth behind him.

"Oh, y-you didn't have to do that." I said with a stutter. It never crossed my mind that Chat would be that type of hero that would go back to the victims to check up on them.

"I needed to see with my own eyes, Princess. Also, I know this is weird to ask, but do you by chance have any cheese?" Chat asked as he sat on the window still now like a normal person with his legs dangling inside my room.

"Um, let me go check." Confused by his request, I went downstairs quietly.

My parents are sleeping since it was about one in the morning. Good thing it's the first day of summer vacation. Opening up the fridge, I look through our cheese collection to see what we haven't eaten for I can give to Chat. Finally, my eyes glazed on an unopened wheel of camembert cheese. Personally, I don't like this kind of cheese, but maybe Chat Noir would. Closing the door softly, I walked back upstairs to my room. Opening the trapdoor with one arm, I peaked in to see where that cat was, but he wasn't sitting on the window still. Did he leave without his cheese? I walked up in my room and close my door quietly. Walking in, I see Chat Noir sleeping on my large chase. His body seemed comfortable as he slept on his back with one hand on his forehead and the other on his stomach. His legs made the number four shape as his tail was dangling on the side. His breathing was softly as his lips were slightly open. I didn't want to wake him, he seemed so peaceful sleeping, it was kind of cute. My face heated with a blush as I shook my head and smiled at the sleepy cat. I place the cheese on the side table as I then grab an extra blanket from my bed. I place the white fluffy blanket over the sleeping black cat. He moved slightly and I froze. After he moved and pulled the blanket close to him, I let out my breath. Smiling at him I turn off the lights and climb the ladder up to my bed. I take one final look at Chat's masked sleeping face and then lay myself down to sleep.

"He had a long battle. I don't want to wake him." I said as I cover myself with my pink blanket and closed my eyes.

"Good night Kitty."

Adrien's POV

"Adrien. Wake up. Come on let's get you home before she wakes up." I hear Plagg say as I forcefully open up my tired eyes. Sitting up, I look around and see the sun slowly rising, filling the pink room with some light. Rubbing my eyes, I realized that I was still in Marinette's room. Plagg flew over to hover in front of my face. He looked rested as he held onto a piece of cheese.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked in a whisper.

"Remember, you asked Marinette for some cheese for me last night before you fell asleep. She left it on the side table for you. She didn't want to wake you up." Plagg said as he stuffed the huge piece of cheese in his mouth. I stood up and notice a white blanket fall from my body.

"She even covered me up." My cheeks felt hot as I picked up the blanket and folded it neatly and placed it on the chase. I looked over to the clock that was on her desk and notice it was five in the morning. Letting out a sigh, I walked over to her desk and grabbed a pen and the notepad that was there. I noticed she had pictures of some of my photoshoots on her wall next to pictures of us with Nino and Alya. It was nice to see the pictures of our friendship on her wall. Taking the pen, I write a note for Mari and then signed it. As Chat Noir of course. Walking away from her desk I go to Plagg. "Let's go home."

"Good. I need to sleep off all this cheese I just ate." Plagg said as he laid inside the empty container of cheese.

"Really Plagg?" with a sigh, I take Plagg out of the container and place it in the trash. "Plagg, claws out." I said in a hush tone as then transformed into my alter-ego, Chat Noir. After a few seconds of transforming, I quickly climb the small ladder to take a look at Marinette. She was cuddling with her cat body pillow and her breathing was soft as she rested. Leaning over softly to not wake her up, I give her a soft kiss on the forehead. She seemed to smile as she held her body pillow tighter.

"Thank you Marinette." I said as I then jumped off the ladder and to the window. Jumping out I close it behind me as I jump on the rooftops back to my large empty mansion. "Maybe I should visit her more, but this time we actually talk." 

Video Credit:

Change for Good ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFaN0i-7Uee0c1u33-pKOw