Chapter XXIV: Saving a Life Part 2

"Mari!"I screamed as I see her cage fall into the water.

I ran over to the tank, but I was thrown back by the Clay Man. He laughed as he then shifted into a copy of me. Ugh this again. Looking over his shoulder, I see Mari pushing against the bars of the cage, trying to escape. Taking out my baton, I start to attack the Clay Man. Sticking him hard against the head, my baton got stuck within the clay. 

"Oh you got to be fu-" Before I could even finish that sentence, he punched me hard against my face. Causing me to be pushed back a few spaces on my back. Giving a low growl, I stood up with boiling blood. Before I could start charging at the Clay Man, he waves before he melts away through a sewage drain, that was right below him. My baton was the only thing that remains from where he stood. Running, I grab the baton from the floor before jumping to the rim of the large tank. Mari has been submerged in the  water for over three minutes. Her movement has slowed down alot, and she seemed to be floating there. 

"I'm coming Mari!" I screamed as i flicked my wrist to activate my power. Diving into the water, I swim down to the large metal cage. Grabbing ahold of the cage, I then place my right hand on the metal cage, before I knew it, the cage decayed away. Mari floated there, motionless, lifeless. My heart felt like it was breaking. I quickly grabbed her body, and pulled it close to mine before I quickly began to swim up to the surface. Taking a loud breath, I pull Mari and I out of the tank, holding her over my shoulder, I then jumped down to the ground before quickly placing Mari on the floor, on her back. Her skin with cold, and turning blue.

"Don't you dare!" I said as I begin to perform CPR. My gloved hands over her chest, pressing down. How could I let her get involved with this?! Mari, didn't deserve to become a savior! She is too innocent for that. The one person in the world who cared for me, because I wasn't a model, or even a damn Superhero. She cares for who I am! 

"Stay with me, Mari!" I yelled as I pressed against her chest harder and faster, then leaning down, giving her my own breath. As I continue my compressions, Plagg released his hold on me. I was no longer Chat, but Adrian. I didn't care, I kept pressing, and kept breathing. I am trying to save the girl who I have been with for about four months. 

I love her! She can't leave me

She can't leave like my mother did

Like my Father did

Like everyone in my life does.

Finally, after breathing into her mouth one last powerful time, Mari starts to cough up the water that was in her lungs. Plagg, he quickly transformed me back into Chat before her eyes opened, as I lifted her up to my chest. Her blue eyes looks up at me with worry, and sleepiness.

"Ch-Chat....is it really you?" Mari asked as she reached up, and softly touched my exposed cheek.

"It's me Princess, I am right here." I said as I pull her closer for a hug, and tears stream down my face. I was scared for the first time in a long time. My heart raced at the thought of her dead body would never ease from my mind if she did pass....

"Can we go home?" Mari asked as she starts to shiver against my body.

"Anything for you, My Lady."