Chapter XXVIII: Laying It All Out

"Okay class, remember to read chapters twenty seven through thirty for tomorrow!"

Thank god it's the end of the day. Right as the bell rang, murmurs started to swirl in the air about what happened this morning with Adrien and I.

"Nino and I have to stop at my house quickly, can we meet at your house?" Alya asked as I remained seated, packing away my belongings from class.

"Oh, sure that works with me. I have to ask Adrien to see if that is fine with him as well." I said with a nervous laugh as I look towards Adrien who was chatting with Nino. I couldn't help but smile as he laughs, and seems so happy compared to when he began school with us those years ago.

"Why wouldn't it? Doesn't your parents know you two are dating?"

I was brought back to reality as I then put two and two together. Kill me now. I forgot that my parents don't know about Adrien and I either. This would be awkward as Adrien barely comes by with friends, but they don't see him when he is Chat Noir.

"Oh um, well, about that. You see. We haven't even told our parents..."

Alya let's out a loud laugh causing Nino and Adrien to look back at us with confusion. Adrien's emerald eyes look at me with confusion, wondering what could have possibly made her laugh so hard.

"Well looks like today is the day you tell everyone the news." Alya pats my shoulder as she then walks down the small step to meet Nino by the classroom door. "We will see you both in about an hour and a half." With a wave from both of them they head out as I just stand up and let out a sigh of relief, mixed with a bit of 'what the fuck has my life come too?'

"What was that all about?" Adrien snaps me out of my thoughts as I blush, and feel eyes on us. Mostly, Chloe's.

"Oh, Alya wants us to have the talk at my house." I said, about to put my bag over my shoulders, when then Adrien takes the bag, and hold it in his ringed hand, before grabbing my right hand, intertwining my fingers with his long ones.

"Sounds good to me. My father doesn't need me home right away tonight, so let's go." Adrien smiles as we begin to walk out towards the classroom door. Before we could even step through the threshold, Chloe steps in front of us.

"I demand to tell me what she is blackmailing you with Adrien!" She shouted out to gain the attention of the remaining classmates in the room.

"Excuse me?" Adrien said in a shocked, confused voice.

"I was thinking about this whole situation all day." She says, waving a finger at us, gesturing to our very couple like pose. "This wouldn't have just happen. She is blackmailing you, and being the most gentle person you are, you would do it so whatever it is doesn't get out. So what is it? Your father and his assistant banging behind closed doors? She found emails containing nudes of you? You are really Chat Noir? What is it? Let me help you get out of this unwanted relationship."

I have had it. She is crossing the line, and I feel like there is steam coming out of my ears.

"Chloe..." Adrien begins with a sigh as he rolled his eyes.

"There is no blackmail here." I spoke up. "I'm not making Adrien date me because of ridiculous claims you are saying right now. Have you ever thought that there are other people in the world that Adrien can choose to be with that aren't you?"

"I don't believe I was talking to you, Dupain-Cheng. Also, why wouldn't Adrien want to be with me? I'm rich, popular, and the amazing Queen Bee!" She said with a hair flip and an eye roll.

"She forgot the part where she akumatized most of Paris." Alix said loud enough for everyone to hear, causing laughter to spill out.

"Chloe, you might be Queen Bee, rich, and popular. There is more to people than just all of that. I nearly don't have as much money compared to you. I have to apply for scholarships for school that you and Adrien can easily afford. Popularity isn't everything. Having friend that care and love you is more important than having people who will just bend over backwards at an order I give. That isn't friendship, more just like abuse of what you call popularity. As for Queen Bee. Congratulations on that. You been Queen Bee for two years when Ladybug calls upon you, but that doesn't make you the only superhero in Paris, and it also doesn't make you the most popular or strongest. Rena Rouge has proved her ability to handle anything and Paris adores her compassion, similar to Ladybug's. Chat Noir, he is the strongest and most fearless there is in the group of heroes." There I felt Adrien hold my hand a bit tighter. "He has save Ladybug, Rena Rouge, Carapace, and even you several times, risking his life and gets seriously injured. Many people would believe me when I say that you are nothing but a selfish bitch who thinks she needs to have everyone bend a knee for no matter what." I couldn't hold back my words, and I felt a lump form in the back of my throat.