Chapter X: Kiss?!

Marinette's POV

"Marinette, if you stare any longer at him you are going to burn a hole through his abs." Alya said as we got our make up on from the artist.

I looked away and felt my cheeks heat with embarrassment. Adrien just came out of the water and was posing for the camera, as the water glistened in the sunlight. We were finally on the beach of Es Trenc and the sand was pearl white and the water was a beautiful crystal blue. When we first arrived to the beach, Adrien was engulfed by fans that spotted us. It took Adrien a good thirty minutes to give out autographs and pictures to females in skimpy bikinis. I might have been a little jealous, but for some reason I couldn't get that damn kitty out of my mind. It's been about a week since he visited me at my room of the beach house. Tikki thinks that I am falling for him, but I find it impossible. He is a great friend and partner, nothing more and nothing less. Although, I can't let go of that one percent chance that I may actually be falling for him. How can this be possible? I am in love with Adrien.

Like MADLY in love with him...but maybe four years of waiting is long enough...

Adrien may never see as anything else but a friend, and I think that is what will hurt me the most...I think the reason why I never told him how I felt is...

Because....

I'm afraid of being denied...I'm afraid that my emotions will ruin our friendship we have...Everything I overcome of shyness and stammering will not mean a thing, because in the end Adrien wouldn't want to be my friend anymore because of the thought of me loving him that it made my heart hurt because I know he will never feel the same towards me...

"Marinette? You ok?" Alya asked. I snap out of my thoughts and give her a cheeky smile.

"Yeah I am fine. I uh was just thinking about my applications to IFA Paris. They want an outfit for male and female with a theme that connects them both, but I don't know which theme." I said as I got off the chair and fixed my bikini bottoms of Gabriel Agreste's sky blue bikini with a black flower going down the sides.

"Oh I got an idea! Why don't you do it based off Ladybug and Chat Noir! They will be a perfect theme together! Call it, 'Saviors of Paris'." Alya said as she giggled.

"That's a great idea! Now, I just need to think of a design and models." I said as I jumped up and down with happiness. I am so glad that I have Alya, she knows how to cheer me up, even if she doesn't know it.

"Wouldn't it be cool if you actually had Ladybug and Chat Noir to model your outfits for it." Alya said as she looked through her phone to show me the last picture she captured of the heroes of Paris. "Although, I'm sure they are busy. Just ask Adrien!" Alya said as she walked over to me and turned me to face Adrien, who was now posing with Nino.

"Maybe." with a smile, I stare again at Adrien.

His golden locks shin bright in the sun; his emerald eyes brighten up by his newly tanned skin. His white smile put the sand to shame. Oh goodness, I don't know what to do with all these mixed emotions. It would be easier if he was Chat Noir. He is easy to talk too about anything, and he might be annoying with his puns, but he always is there to lend a paw. Hehe, cat pun. Mentally shaking my head, I groan. Again, there my damn mind goes to think about Chat. Maybe I should talk to Alya about this. Wait, on second thought, maybe that won't be the best idea.

"Mademoiselle Marinette. Come here please." The photographer called.

"Oh coming." I take off my flip flops and head over towards the photographer and Adrien. Nino walked pasted and held Alya in his arms. They are so cute. Standing between Adrien and the photographer, I give them both a soft smile. "ok, I'm here."