Chapter XXI: Sneaky Fox

"Well then Chat Noir, I see you have a new lady in your life." I said as I stared at the couple giving a loviing embrace. It made me sick! I ahve been assigned to watch them closely for a few months now, to find a weakness, and I have just found Chat Noir's. Leaping away in the dark snowy night, I head to the lair of Hawkmoth. You might say I am jealous of Chat's romance and Ladybug's popularity, but I could care less at this point. I only want Adrien and Ladybug to not get in my way again. However, I don't want to stop being this powerful, and Hawkmoth has promised me so much, I am not letting my hardwork go to waste. Landing inside the dark room, I wait for Hawkmoth. His empty lair was cold and full of moths that flew around without a care in the world. 

"Welcome back." Looking behind me, Hawkmoth gives me a soft smile and stand firm with his cane.

"I got you a weakness for Chat Noir."  I said as i kneeled by his feet, and looked up at him. He gives me the motion to stand and he smiles.

"Very good, Volpina. I knew I could trust you. Chat Noir is more wild and foolish compared to Ladybug, and now this mean we will have even more of a perfect chance of using this weakness against him, then being able to get unlimited power." hawkmoth cracked a evil grin as he stares at the snowy night. "Volpina, we have a few months until our greatest day of triumph, and I will not let some teenagers in latex suits get in the way of that." He turns to look at me and places a hand on my shoulder. "It's time for Paris and the whole world to know the meaning of fear." he smiles and I smiled with him. This is a plan that I know will work, and we will both gain what we really desire, but I still have fear in my own heart that this will fail.

Marinette's POV

Gasping and waking up in a sweat, I had another nightmare. My breathing is heavy and my heart is racing. Picking up my phone, it's three in the morning and my breathing is starting to slow down. Lately, I have been having dreams of a battle, and Chat and I failing, and Volpina winning. It scares the living hell out of me. Rubbing my eyes, they adjust to the moonlight shinning into my room. I try to get out of my bed, but there is a weight holding me down. Looking, I see Chat sleeping with his head on my lap with Felix on his chest. I let out a soft giggles as he seems so peaceful. Reaching out, I pet them both softly, Felix moves slighty, and nuzzles closer into Chat's chest. Chat smile and purrs as my fingers run through his hair. The nightmare is still replaying int he back of my mind, and I can only hope it's not true. I just pray it's not. Because the ending of this battle, we are no longer the heros of Paris. Just dead meat...